Chapter 36

Iruka had gathered the kids in the playground of the school.

"Kids, this is an evacuation drill. We will use the evacuation routes to get into the Hokage mountain bunkers," said Iruka.

'This is strange. Everyone is evacuated, and the streets are emptier than usual. Plus the rainbow, it is the one Jiji said denoted snakes,' thought Konohamaru.

He was currently standing with his self-proclaimed genin team and Hanabi.

"Today is the day of chunin exams isn't it?" asked udon.

"Yes. Naruto nii will definitely win," said Konohamaru.

"Of course he will. He is so strong, that's why my sister likes him," said Hanabi.

Konohamaru was about to say something when he saw smoke rising from the chunin exam venue.

'This is bad!' he thought, as he closed his eyes, and opened his senses as Naruto had taught him to.

Behind the wall of the academy, he could sense three people, and many more a little farther.

"Iruka sensei, I guess you need to prepare yourself," said Konohamaru, as he put his hands inside his Kunai holder.

All of a sudden he threw a few Shuriken towards the three who had just burst out of their hiding place and yelled, "SHURIKEN SHADOW CLONE JUTSU!" as the shuriken multiplied in numbers.

The trio deflected it, but what they didn't notice was that there were more shuriken in the shadow of them.

"AAAHHH!" the attackers yelled.

"That was shadow shuriken jutsu!" gasped Iruka.

"Yep. Naruto nii taught me the shadow clone one and Sasuke taught me the shadow shuriken. But you might want to brace yourself, there are many more," said Konohamaru, and at that moment, a ninja came out to attack them. But at that moment, a big ball, or so it seemed, crushed him.

"Choji kun, try not to crush them. Others might not be as lucky as this one," said Hinata, and ninjas started appearing.

"One warning: surrender and return," said Hinata as she took gentle fist stance.

'S-since when did she become so scary!' thought Iruka.

"Or what?" asked one of them.

"Or we will castrate you," said Itori as he came there.

"Oh really, do you think a bunch of kids can defeat us?" asked another ninja.

"Hinata, now," said Shino, as he appeared there.

Hinata moved forward, knocking each and every ninja out, who was unable to move.

"H-how?" asked one of the last one standing.

"While you all were foolishly talking to us, I used a few bugs with paralyzing poison to paralyze you," said Shino, as the bugs then flew towards him.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Neji was standing, with a pile of ninjas next to him, while ninjas after ninjas walked up to him to get knocked.

"This is much more effective than I thought," said Neji.

"Yeah, who knew Naruto was this smart," said Ino.

"I guess we all underestimated him, which is a big deal, because we all knew he was extremely strong," said Neji.

"Yeah, the commanding tone he used was so hot," said Ino, and Neji sweat-dropped.

Ino was now sweating and panting, really exhausted after switching so many times.