Chapter 26

"Sa-su-ke," said Naruto, dazed

"Naruto, don't speak," said Sasuke.

"Go there," said Naruto pointing in a direction.

"Why?" asked Sasuke.

"Just go, please," said Naruto, giving him the puppy eyes.

"ARG! Sakura, follow me, Naruto wants to go somewhere," said Sasuke.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A weird ninja with a mask and a cloth over his eyes were currently blocking team 8's way.

"Surrender your scroll," he said.

"I-I am warning you, go away," said Hinata.

"Or what? You will defeat me by stuttering?" asked the ninja.

Hinata closed her eyes. When she opened her, her Byakugan was active and all the nervousness was gone. She rushed towards him and used her legs to kick him off ground, then folded her knees and kicked the person with both her legs to send him flying.

The person flew straight into a bunch of water senbons which were vertically above him, approaching him at great speed.

"AAAAAH!" yelled the person.

"T-that was similar to Haku's levitating senbons!" said Sasuke wide-eyed.

"I know right. I could kiss her right now," said Naruto dreamily.

"Go kiss her," said Sasuke with a smirk.

"Hinata, Naruto wants to mphf..." said Sasuke before Naruto put his hands on his mouth.

"Shut up!" said Naruto.

"Hinata, hi," said Naruto as he walked towards her. But due to chakra exhaustion, he fell, and hugged her around the waist to break his fall.

Naruto and Hinata's faces reddened. Naruto looked her dead into the eyes, and then fainted.

"Today it was the other way round," commented Kiba, laughing.

"That was due to both chakra exhaustion and the embarrassment," said Sasuke.

"HIS CHAKRA WAS EXHAUSTED! Who did he fight?" asked Kiba.

"Orochimaru of the sannin," said Sasuke with a grim look.

"WHAT!" yelled Kiba.

"Shut up! Your voice would mark us," said Sasuke. Naruto meanwhile was just hugging Hinata, who was worried due to what Sasuke had told.

"Is he fine?" asked Hinata.

"Yes, he and I weakened him and Anko sensei came so he had to flee," said Sasuke.

Sakura was unusually quiet during all this.

"Say, Sakura, why are you so quiet?" asked Kiba.

"I am useless," she said.

"What?" asked Sasuke, confused.

"I always go on scolding Naruto and I myself cannot do anything. During our battle with Zabuza, I did nothing. During our battle with Orochimaru, I did nothing. I just keep dragging you both down," said Sakura tearfully.

"NO! You got it wrong. You are our teammate. You may not be the strongest of us, but you are the smartest. You just didn't figure out your strengths. Don't worry, we will help you," said Sasuke.

"I am always depended on you both," said Sakura.

"I always depend on Naruto. He always depends on me. You can never do anything alone, you need a friend, a family, a person who you trust. That's what I know and believe," said Sasuke as he hugged her.