Chapter 28

"... dragon fire," yelled Sasuke as a fireball the shape of the head of a dragon shot towards his opponent, burning him severely.

"Yield," said Sasuke as he arrived behind him with a kunai around his neck.

"I forfeit," said Yoroi.

"Winner by forfeit: Sasuke Uchiha," said Hayate.

"Next match-Zaku Abumi vs Shino Aburame," the board read.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shino, using his bugs who blocked Zaku's air pipes, which then burst due to extreme pressure, won.

The next match was between Choji and Kankuro, which Kankuro won easily.

"Next match, Sakura Haruno vs Ino Yamanaka," announced Hayate.

"Do us a favor, don't consider this fight a fight over Sasuke," said Naruto.

"What?" asked a confused Sakura and Ino.

"Even in the academy days, you both would consider any match competition between you two about Sasuke. Just for this match, forget about it and concentrated on enjoying a friendly battle," said naruto.

"Yeah, just forget that already," said Shikamaru.

"Okay..." said Sakura, unsure.

"Come on, Ino was the one who helped you make friends. She was your first friend Sakura," said Naruto.

"And Ino, you always say that you miss your friendship," said Shikamaru.

"We will try," said Sakura as she put her hand forward to shake. After a brief moment, Ino accepted it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The battle ended with both Ino and Sakura being knocked out.

"Man, that was a heated battle. But I hope that after all that talking and fighting their friendship gets better," said Naruto.

"Yeah," said Kakashi.

"Hn," said Sasuke.

"Back to emo mode, huh teme?" asked Naruto, and Kakashi pulled his ear.

"I told you that was an abuse, didn't I?" asked Kakashi.

"Come on!" said Naruto.

"Hello Naruto," said Han as he appeared behind them.

"HAN! Yo," said Naruto.

"Naruto," said Kurotsuchi as she came.

"Yo. How are Itori and Kotaru?" asked Naruto.

"They're... fine," said Kurotsuchi sighing.

"I hope they get up and kicking in no time," said Naruto.

"Me too," said Kurotsuchi.

"Naruto, mind introducing your friends?" asked Kakashi.

As the match between Temari and Tenten was announced, they all continued talking.

"... and then he used his Sharingan to kick Zabuza's ass," said Sasuke.

"How come he has Sharingan?" asked Kurotsuchi.

"Well, it's a long story," said Kakashi as a purple cloud of depression covered him.

"M-must be a sad one," said Kurotsuchi sweat-dropping.

"And the winner is Temari of the sand," announced Hayate.