Chapter 44

After discussing the plan of action with Jiraiya and Tsunade, he said goodbye and went with his team to the location of the base.

"So, Naruto, what do you know?" asked Yamato.

"So, Tenzo senpai, I have got the place mapped, know the guard routine and also the number of guards. I also know where she is," said Naruto.

"How do you know my old name?" asked Yamato.

"Kakashi nii wouldn't stop talking about how he was almost outsmarted by you. He says you are one of the best Anbu. I recognized you because of the wood release," said Naruto.

"Oh..." said Yamato with a smile.

"Anyways, chief, I request you that let me deal with Karin. She would already be pretty scared," said Naruto.

"Fine Naruto. We strike tomorrow night," said Yamato.

Finally, the sixth day of the week and the day of the raid came.

"Shikamaru, the shadows will help you. You freeze whatever you feel moving," said Naruto.

"And Sai and Yamato, kill those who he freezes. I will just rush to her cell," said Naruto.

Shikamaru nodded.

"You know, I was supposed to be the leader," Yamato said with a sweatdrop.

"Sorry chief," said Naruto sheepishly.

"You are smarter than you look," said Sai.

"Thanks," said Naruto.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Karin was sitting in her cell, crying again.

She had just been bitten by an old man, and it was at such a place that she was feeling violated.

Every week, she would be stripped almost naked, and a lot of men would bite her. Some perverted ones would bite her cheeks, her thighs, or her boobs, with a sickening grin on their face.

She would have been raped multiple times had some of those conducting experiments hadn't stopped them. Not because of mercy, but because it would be a waste of chakra.

Her parents had died and her old village hated her. She had nowhere to call home.

At first, she would try to end her life, but then she would remember her mother's face, as she told her to live, before the enemies killed her. For what? Because she was an Uzumaki and Orochimaru wanted her.

During the chunin exam she had participated in so the sound ninjas could get an ample supply of chakra, she was about to be killed by a bear, when she was saved by two kids. One with blond hair and another with raven. They just stopped the bear and vanished. The chakra she felt from the blond one was so pure and radiant that she felt as if she was in front of the sun.

Since that day, she wanted to live long enough to thank them.

She was thinking all this, when she heard a scream and then a cracking noise, as if someone broke some bones.

The next second, a blond figure appeared.

"Hey, are you Kari-" Naruto stopped mid-sentence as soon as he saw the bite marks on her.

His blood boiled at seeing her like this.

"Hey, are you Karin?" asked Naruto with an extremely soft voice.

"Y-yes," she said.

"I am here to save you," he said.

She once again felt as if she was in front of the sun. It was the same chakra she felt during the exam.