|67| The Rescue Squad

A smirk spread across Bakugo's face.

"Heh... good ol' U.A., sticking up for us," he sneered, glaring triumphantly at the League and assassins, "get it now, League of Scumbags?!"

"Can't say I'm looking forward to being under surveillance 24/7," Rie agreed, "but our answer remains."

"Technically, we've still got permission to fight back!" roared Bakugo.

"Hey, hey, Shigaraki, can I stab him?" Toga's eyes gleamed.

"No, you idiot," Dabi retorted before their ringleader had a chance to.

"You won't be under surveillance 24/7, Rie, because you'll be drawing out of U.A.," Reyna furrowed her brows.

"Just try it," she sneered, enjoying her strange newfound confidence.

"If that's your attitude, then why not just pretend that we've won you over?" Compress cocked his head curiously.

"If I'm not feeling something, I ain't gonna lie about it, and I'm not in the mood to hang around this boring dump for much longer. Dunno about the Sword Bastard, though..."

"Took the words right out of my mouth, Bakugo," she smirked, "but I never thought I'd see the day when we'd be working together~"

"Shut up."

"Stay back... all of you..." the pale-blue-haired Villain spoke, "these kids... are important pawns." He stood shakily, breathing heavily. "I wish... you two would have listened... your daughter is a rebellious brat, Reyna, Ichiro."

"Which is what we told you."

"I thought we might understand each other..."

"No way," the pair spoke in sync.

"What a shame... we all just heard about the investigation, so I can't waste much time trying to convince you..." the news channel flickered off, flickering to a black screen with a white silhouette, "Master... lend me your power..."

~TIMESKIP~

"Why do I gotta go and clean up U.A.'s mess?" snarled a man, "I got better places to be."

"Come now..." heaved a slim man with neatly-combed hair, "you're an Alum, aren't you?"

"This isn't just U.A.'s call you're heeding; try to see the bigger picture here, Endeavor," Tsukauchi glanced over at the first man, "the preservation of our entire Hero society is riding on this operation, we have to settle this with full force!"

"I invited Bakugo to my agency in hopes of reforming his behaviour," admitted the second Hero, The Fibre Hero: Best Jeanist, "never have I come across such a headstrong individual; we must hurry if we are to stop him from taking wild, drastic action..."

"I invited Rie to my agency in hopes of guiding her down the right path," added Edgeshot quietly, "I believe she has potential, it is just her "

"Rie's always been like that," a red-haired male spoke up calmly, the Heroes only just noticing him, "quiet, reserved, and terrified."

"Why is there a child here?" Endeavor narrowed his eyes, his flames rising.

"Eh~? Rie was right, you really do have anger management issues," the boy marvelled, lazily letting his head rest in his hand. An irk mark appeared as the Hero whirled around.

"Who is this boy, Tsukauchi?!"

"Karma, behave," sighed the detective, "he's one of Rie's servants and her sidekick, Semi-Senioritis."

"Yo~" he saluted, "I'd say it's a pleasure to be working with you lot, but it's quite the opposite actually~"

"Tsukauchi!" roared Endeavor.

"K-Karma, please," muttered the detective, sweat-dropping from the angered Hero, "you're on this team for a reason..."

"Get on with the plan, we need to rescue Bakugo and Rie," he snarled up at the detective, activating his Quirk. The officer faltered, the pair making eye contact as he gave in, standing upright and clearing his throat.

"Based on one of the students' tracking devices, we can assume that these Villains occupy multiple hideouts," he began, "that being said, our investigation has determined the current location of both Bakugo and Rie. We'll be sending the majority of our personnel there, retrieving the hostages is our top priority."

"At the same time, we'll move in on the other possible hideout," he continued, "by cutting off all possible paths of retreat, we'll be able to take down the entire organisation. Is that clear?"

"Yes, sir!"

"We're up against the clock here; don't give those Villains any time to pull anything off!"

"With the earlier press conference, we've tricked the Villains into thinking we only asked U.A.'s principal to cooperate! We want them to think we're in disarray!" yelled Tsukauchi, "after hearing such an unsatisfactory declaration like that, it's time for payback, don't you think? It's time to turn the tables, Heroes!"