|14| Let The Games Begin!

"No fair... I wanted to wear my costume," complained Ashido, Ojiro turning around and smiling apologetically, "but to keep everything fair, we can't do that..."

"I wonder what the first round's gonna be..." muttered Sato.

"No matter what comes, we have no choice but to deal with it," Tokoyami spoke calmly. The door opened, the Class 1-A students turning to the door and facing the still-bandaged girl.

"Are you guys ready? You'll be entering soon," she smiled. The students smiled, nervous as Todoroki walked up to Midoriya.

"Midoriya." The students perked up, wondering what the strongest boy had to say to the green-haired boy. "Looking at things objectively, I think I'm stronger than you. But... All Might has his eyes on you, doesn't he? I'm not trying to pry about that, but I'm going to beat you."

"Oh~? Is the best in the class making a declaration of war?" smirked Kaminari, Kirishima walking up to the boy.

"What's with this sudden declaration of war... not now, when we're about to start?" he almost pleaded, placing a hand on the boy's shoulder.

"We're not here to make friends," he growled, shoving it off, "so why does it matter?"

"Todoroki... I don't know what you're thinking when you say you'll beat me," Midoriya murmured, the boy turning around to gaze at him, "but of course you're better than me. I think you're more capable than most people."

As the students filed out, the girl held a hand out to stop the heterochromatic-eyed boy in his tracks. He gazed at her, confused. She sighed, crossing her arms as she leaned on the doorframe.

"Todoroki... your dad's here, isn't he?"

The boy only sent her a dark glare, sending shivers down her spine as she let him go, making her way to the commentatory room and knocking on the door, a 'come in' coming from the other side. She sighed, almost being blast back at the loud volume.

"HEYYY, RIE!" he grinned, the girl silently glad that the microphones weren't turned on yet.

"So... are we just commentating?" she murmured to her former homeroom teacher as she slid into her seat.

"Yeah... but I have the feeling that Mi-"

"HEY, MASS MEDIA! PAY ATTENTION, AUDIENCE! THIS YEAR'S HIGH SCHOOL RODEO OF ADOLESCENCE THAT YOU ALL LOVE: THE U.A. SPORTS FESTIVAL! ARE YOU READY?! IT'S TIME FOR THE STUDENTS TO ENTER THE FIRST-YEAR STAGE!"

"Even without using his Quirk, he's loud as..." sweat-dropped the girl, the black-clothed man silently agreeing, "I'm going to have fun having him as a homeroom teacher..."

"THE HUGE BATTLE WHERE FLEDGLING HEROES SHARPEN THEIR SWORDS ONCE A YEAR! THE MIRACULOUS NEW STARS WHO OVERCAME ENEMY ATTACKS WITH THEIR HEARTS OF STEEL! HERO COURSE: CLASS 1-A!"

Her classmates filed out, some panicking at the large crowd of people watching.

"THEY HAVEN'T BEEN GETTING AS MUCH AIRTIME, BUT THIS CLASS IS ALSO FULL OF TALENT! HERO COURSE: CLASS 1-B!"

"NEXT UP, GENERAL STUDIES CLASSES C, D, E!"

"SUPPORT CLASSES F, G, H!"

"BUSINESS CLASSES I, J, K!"

"Time for the player's pledge!" announced Midnight, appearing on stage in front of the first-years. Both teachers gazed at her. She twitched.

"This year's chief umpire for the first years is the R-Rated Hero, Midnight!" she introduced, "I wonder who's going to-"

"This year's first-year student, Bakugo Katsuki!"

Well, this is either going to go really well or really bad-

"I pledge..." he anticipated, "that I'll be number one."

There was silence.

"And now everyone has made enemies of Class 1-A," murmured the girl as she leaned into the microphone, her English teacher giving her a thumbs up.

"You're good at this, Rie!"

"I-is that supposed to be a compliment?"

"Now, let's get this started right away," smirked Midnight, "the first game is what you'd call a qualifier... every year, many drink their tears here! Now, here is that fateful first game. This year, it's an obstacle race!"

"All 11 classes will participate in this race, the course will be the outer circumference of this stadium, about 4km," she continued to explain, "our school's selling point is freedom!"

She licked her lips.

"As long as you stay on the course, it doesn't matter what you do."

The way she says it... it sounds like it's okay to kill someone... wait, why am I thinking this?!

"Now, take your places, everyone!"