|102| The Night Before

"Aww... we're working so hard every day..." whined Ashido, flopping back onto the couch.

"It's not called 'intensive training' for nothing, huh..." muttered Hakagure.

"Even so... there's less than a week left before the License Exam," sighed Yaoyorozu.

"Yao-momo, how's your Ultimate Move coming along?" the invisible girl asked eagerly.

"There's something I want to do," she sighed, "but my body can't keep up yet, so I need to develop my Quirk a little more first..."

"What about you, Tsuyu?"

"I've perfected a move even more frog-like," the green-haired female stated, "I'm sure even you'll all be surprised."

"What about you, Rie?"

"Hm?" she hummed, glancing over from the kitchen, "what are we talking about?"

"Ultimate Move training! Do you have one in mind?"

"Yeah, I've got a few," she stated absentmindedly, walking over and taking a seat next to the class vice-president, "Ochaco did give me an idea the other day, though, I kinda wanna try it out..."

"Tell us!"

She smiled, winking.

"It's a secret."

"Aww..." she whined, "what about you, Ochaco?"

The said chocolate-haired girl stared blankly into space, sipping her drink quietly.

"Ochaco?" Tsuyu poked her, the girl yelping, "you seem tired... do you want to go to sleep?"

"Tired?" she echoed, her voice high-pitched, "oh, I'm not tired at all! In fact, I'm just getting started!"

The girls stared.

"A-at least... that's how it's supposed to be... but... how do I put it... recently, my heart's been all stirred up..."

"It's love!" Ashido exclaimed immediately, watching with an amused expression as she flinched.

"H-huh?! What?! Glove? Shove? Dove? I-I don't know what you're talking about!"

"Is it Midoriya or Iida?" she continued cheekily, "you're always with them, aren't you?"

"No, that's not it!" whined the girl, covering her face and accidentally activating her Quirk

She floated...

"Who is it? Which one, who who who, tell us!"

"C'mon then, spit it out," smirked Jiro, "you'll get a lighter sentence if you confess~"

"S-sentence?" echoed Rie, concerned as she gazed over at the musician.

"That's not it, really, I promise! I don't know anything about that... stuff..."

She brightened up.

"Rie, help me, please!" begged the girl.

"W-with what?" the assassin sweat-dropped as she floated back down, whining and hiding behind her, "you know what it's like to be in love, right? With you and Todoroki..."

Her face steadily reddened as Uraraka sighed in relief, glad that she was no longer the subject of their torment.

"H-huh?!"

"Huh? What's this about you and Todoroki?" demanded Ashido, "you're dating?!"

"W-well... we... we were..."

"I'll go break his door down, be right back," she huffed, standing up, "who's with me?"

"Me!" Hakagure agreed, mirroring her tone.

"There's no need for that!"

"He broke your heart, I need to teach him a lesson!"

Her expression fell.

"It... it wasn't him," she muttered quietly, the pink-haired girl stopping in her tracks and gazing back, "it was me..."

An awkward silence filled the air.

"Either way, why didn't you tell me?" whined Ashido, leaning over and shaking her by the shoulders violently.

"I-I'm sorry, Ashido-"

"Don't talk to me!"

The girls sweat-dropped, watching as she began complaining to herself, gazing at one another.

"Off to bed now, we have a busy week ahead of us," ushered Yaoyorozu, the girls waving to one another as Rie headed back to the servant's dorm.

Shoto... I miss you.

~TIMESKIP~

"How's the security system coming along?"

"It's going well!" beamed Ritsu, "Itona and I have a few ideas planned, we just need to scout the school and figure out how we can put them in place!"

"We should be able to get started soon," admitted Itona quietly.

"That is all, have a good sleep," dismissed Nezu cheerfully, the boy bowing and leaving quietly.

"They really are something, aren't they?" hummed Midnight, leaning on the couch, "hey, Karasuma, I was thinking about something.

"Hm?" the former butler glanced up.

"Where does Rie get all her servants from?"

"Oh..." he blinked, leaning on the counter, "well, it's different for all of them, they've all met her in different circumstances. Some of them knew Ace through various means and were tasked with supervising him when he wasn't home, some of them were hired by her parents when she was younger... or she hired them without her parents' permission or knowledge."

"She didn't get into trouble?" Mic's eyes widened.

"Oh, she definitely got into trouble," he answered quickly, "it didn't stop her, though... she does get hesitant sometimes..."

"Amazing," muttered Mic, "hey, hey, Eraser, Vlad!"

"What?" sighed the former.

"How are your classes going with their trai-"

"Excuse me for a moment," Karasuma apologised, bowing slightly as his phone rang. He headed out, quietly opening the door as he answered. "Hello?"

He scowled.

"Don't call me that."

He sighed, massaging his temple.

"I just said not to call me-"

His eyes widened.

"You finished your mission... Jackal?"