|34| Killua Zoldyck

It was the third day of the holidays and Rie had invited the Big 3 over to meet her 12-year-old cousin.

"Didn't know you like skateboarding, Rie," whistled Mirio, his hands on his hips as he stared down at the girl. Nejire was in awe, her periwinkle eyes gazing around at the many skateboarders.

"Nah, I don't," she shook her head, grinning, "but I promised my uncle I'd pick up my cousin from here at around 2:30."

The navy-haired boy checked his phone, claiming that there were ten more minutes, asking her who her cousin was.

"He's a sweet little boy, Killua... he's cheeky, cheerful... but to strangers, he's... very..."

"Rude?" suggested Amajiki.

"To put it lightly," she sighed, startling as the trio gazed at her, shocked, "a-ah, but don't worry, Kil would never dare to be rude to any of my friends!"

They breathed sighs of relief, visibly relaxing.

"He's a master analyst, very knowledgeable and level-headed... people often say he's an adult with his mature nature, but... he's not a very open person, considering what his older brother put him through," she began, letting a soft frown fall on her features

"'What his older brother puts him through'?" echoed Nejire, the girl cursing to herself for letting it slip.

"Never you mind, but... he's turning 13 pretty soon, too, I just remembered," she recalled, humming, "he's a sweet boy once you get to know h-"

"Hey, Rie!" a familiar voice called out, the girl turning towards the source of the voice to have her snowette-haired cousin almost run her over on his yellow and red skateboard, "these your friends?"

He had spiky, silver hair, his blue eyes widening in delight as he skated up to the four on a yellow and red skateboard, grinning heartily as he sped past them, almost running them over. She sweat-dropped as he continued skating in a circle around them, smirking at her.

"Yeah," she nodded, introducing the trio as a low whistle escaped his mouth, "how old are you guys?"

"17," they chorused. He cocked his head slightly, huh... they're the same age as Illumi... wonder why Rie's with them. He voiced his thoughts, the trio responding that she had been moved up two years due to her expertise. She flashed her cousin a warning glare to make sure that he didn't respond in a way that would almost certainly shock her friends.

"Fine," he pouted, adjusting himself and flipping his skateboard up so that it flew in the air. The Big 3 stared in admiration, applauding gently, though they stared at his outstretched arm, his blue orbs staring directly into Rie's golden ones. The third-years stared, swallowing the lumps in their throats as they shared uneasy glances, wondering what the tension was all about. "Now then... gimme the chocolate, Riri."

The trio fell over, sweat-dropping.

All that tension for nothing!

"Geez, you haven't changed a bit, have you?" she sighed helplessly, fishing into her pocket and grabbing a chocolate bar, handing it to the star-eyed boy who beamed up at her, his hug almost crushing her ribs in the process. She coughed, patting the boy's back as he grinned.

"He once spent a million dollars on just chocolate," she recalled, sighing.

"Once!" he argued, perking up as her phone buzzed. She blinked, placing the phone to her ear.

"Hello?"

"Yo, it's me," a familiar voice floated through.

"Hi me, I'm Rie."

The other end was silent.

"Rie-"

"I'm joking, I'm joking!" she hurriedly apologised, breathing a sigh of relief as he murmured an 'okay', "but seriously, Ace... what is it?"

"Have you heard of I-Expo?" She raised a brow slowly, shaking her head as she watched her cousin happily converse with the Big 3, scowling as they mentioned how he was willing to do anything for chocolate. "Well... it's a world-class exposition showcasing the results of research and development, it's located on I-Island. I got four tickets and I want you to go in my place, since... you know, I have physiotherapy."

"Why four?"

"Well... you're with Kil right now, right?" he checked. The girl sent him a side-glance and nodded, watching as he trotted over, Mirio asking him to show them a few tricks. "Well... I'm thinking you, Kil, Karma and maybe Alluka?"

"Alluka?" she echoed in slight disbelief, "but... isn't she on... house-arrest right now?"

She directed the question at her cousin who nodded glumly. The eight-year-old girl possessed a rare yet incredibly dangerous Quirk that, if used incorrectly, may cause her to seriously maim or injure - perhaps even kill - her opponent.

"Well, I've talked to Kikyo and Silva, they said they're alright with it as long as you're always with her," he reasoned, heaving heavily, "well... I've got to go now."

"Bye," she stated softly, "don't overwork yourself, Ace..."

"I won't," he promised, hanging up. She nodded, ruffling her cousin's hair as Amajiki questioned the pair on their relationship with one another.

"She's too overprotective," he pouted, the girl sweat-dropping as he continued pointing out her flaws. The Big 3 smiled awkwardly, though they perked up as he sighed, resting his hands behind his head. "But... she's a real nice girl and I guess... she wants the best for me..."

"Oh!" the girl placed her fist into her open palm, a lightbulb appearing, "we gotta go pack for I-Expo!"

"I-what?" echoed the boy, flashing the trio a perplexed gaze but they only sent him helpless glances, shrugging with small smirks on their faces.

"O-oi! Rie! Where are we going?!"

He never got an answer.