|39| Yet Another Rational Deception

Aizawa had requested for Rie to be in Class 1-A for ten minutes, the girl realising that she had spent far more time in Class 1-A than she had in her third-year class - a point that Nejire had decided to make very clear during lunch the next day.

"You don't spend any time with us!" she pouted childishly, shaking the girl back and forth childishly as the girl groaned, placing her hands on her shoulders, "we miss you!!"

"S-sorry, Nejire..." she sweat-dropped, "I-I don't think I can help it, though... with it being my first year..."

She rubbed the back of her neck sheepishly, the periwinkle-eyed girl's shoulders sagging slightly and she muttered a small apology, which the girl gratefully accepted. She sighed, heading to Class 1-A and the first thing she heard was Mina's wailing, crying about wanting to hear their stories for the Training Camp, Midoriya calming her down and saying that they could still be some twist to that.

Aizawa walked up behind her, the girl staring at the door.

"You're not going to enter?"

"No," she shook her head, "I might as well wait outside..."

"Fair," he hummed, the pair listening silently to the complaining group.

"Failing means Summer School hell instead of a Training Camp in the woods! And we flunked the practical!" yelled Kaminari, Aizawa snickering and slightly terrifying the assassin next to him.

"Is that... actually what's going to happen?"

"Maybe, maybe not~" She sweat-dropped at his response, though she wasn't surprised at the man's placid face. Wordlessly, he slammed the door open as the bell rung. The girl timidly trailed after him as they walked into the silent classroom. She mouthed a greeting to Endeavor's son who remained silent, listening to their homeroom teacher's greeting speech.

"Morning. now, about your final exams..." his dark eyes scanned the room, "sadly, we had some failures. As such..." he grinned widely, "you're all going to the Summer Training Camp!!"

"What a twist!" yelled the five students who had failed.

"Everybody cleared the written tests... but in the practical," he paused, waiting for the students to calm down, "Kirishima, Kaminari, Ashido, Sato and Sero all failed. As the Villains in this test, we teachers came up with assignments perfectly suited to all of you; ones that would give you chances to devise winning strategies. If we hadn't, none of you would have stood a chance."

"So when you said you were really going to crush us..." trailed off Ojiro, staring up at the Eraser Hero from directly in front of him.

"That was only to push you," he interjected, "we are talking about Training Camp, after all... more than anyone else, the five who failed are in dire need of this... it was yet another rational deception!"

"Another one?!"

"But, sir!" unsurprisingly, Iida had something to say as he stood up, stiff as a board, "now that we've been lied to twice, aren't you worried that our faith in you has been shaken?!"

"Perhaps, but consider the facts," he agreed slightly, "failure is still failure; so it wasn't entirely a lie. You five will still receive special supplemental lessons. And... to be honest, they'll be far worse than Summer School."

The five immediately deflated, their faces darkening as he handed out the papers.

~TIMESKIP~

"Well... even if you guys have to go through supplementary lessons," smiled Ojiro, "it's nice that everybody gets to go."

"An entire week..." murmured Iida, "this packing list is huge..."

"There's a ton of stuff I need to buy," agreed Kaminari, "I don't even have a bathing suit."

"Oh, oh!" piped up Hagakure, "we're off tomorrow and tests are over, so how about all of Class A go shopping together!"

"Good idea!" beamed Kaminari, "this'll be a first, come to think of it..."

"Yo, Bakubro, you coming?" Kirishima grinned widely, using his new nickname for the blonde.

"No way in hell!" he snarled, "I ain't gonna go shopping with a bunch of extras, wasting my time like that!"

"You gonna come, Todoroki?" Midoriya turned to the said boy.

"I... visit someone on my days off," he admitted slowly and slightly hesitantly.

"Aww... what about you, Rie?" Mina chimed in.

"I... have something on tomorrow," she quickly lied, smiling apologetically, sweat-dropping as the pink-skinned girl cried out, stating that she was going to miss her, "I'm not dying!!"

"Well... in any case, see you guys at the camp!"

Rie descended the stairs, starting as a voice came from behind her.

"You don't really have anything on tomorrow, right?"

Todoroki had noticed Rie's slightly odd behaviour, her new jumpiness and uneasiness during class as people addressed her. He knew that this wasn't how she usually behaved; she was normally one of the calmer people in Class 1-A. She never liked to dramatize things that occurred, even if her own life was in danger.

He cleared his throat.

"Do you... want to go with me to see my mum?"