|65| Poison Dart: Origins {A Devilish Servant}

"Heh... you've given me quite the task, Ace..." a low voice murmured, hopping up onto the window ledge, his golden-mercury eyes piercing through the window, his sharp canines spreading into a sly smirk, "you want me to take care of this kid... your sister..."

His red hair blew slightly in the wind outside as he opened the window carefully, making sure to be silent as he hopped inside, creaking it shut as he flinched slightly, his sharp eyes travelling towards the sleeping girl who shifted slightly in her sleep, turning over. He breathed a sigh of relief as he crept over to her bed, staring down at her sleeping figure.

"Heh... should be interesting~"

His eyes glowed, a devil's tail and horns appearing as he snickered to himself, a multitude of ideas freely flowing into his mind. He smirked, a lightbulb appearing.

He stared at his masterpiece smugly, wiping his forehead as he snickered to himself.

That should do it.

The boy remained in the closet for the rest of the night, deactivating his Quirk as his devilish smirk never wavered or left his face. His shoulders shook in silent laughter. His eyes closed, his chest rising up and down as he dozed off, his arms crossed over his chest.

"WHAT THE HELL IS THIS?!"

He jolted, groaning as he stretched his back, scrunching his nose at the unfamiliarity and uncomfortableness of sitting and sleeping in a closet, making a mental note to never do it again.

He peered outside through the keyhole.

It took all the boy had to not burst out laughing at her bedroom.

The once pale-blue wallpaper had been replaced by a hideous orange with black streaks, making it look as if a tiger had just painted its own fur pattern. The stranger also didn't forget to add an ice pack between her mattress and bedsheets - he didn't want to go into detail about how he did it.

The best part was that the paint hadn't yet dried.

He quickly shut his mouth as the bedroom door slammed open to reveal a panting light-blue haired girl with her eyes wide, staring at her in slight perplexment.

"U-um... R-Rie?" she questioned cautiously; wait... was this person a boy or a girl, they looked feminine but they sounded masculine... perhaps the person, "w-what... what happened to your..."

"That's what I'd like to know," she fumed, groaning as she flopped back down onto the mattress, the azure-haired person sweat-dropping. His breath hitched as they made their way over to the closet, opening the closet door-

"Yo~" he waved, relishing in the delight of seeing the female's mortified face.

"Hey... Rie?" she slowly turned to the bed.

"What is it?" her voice was muffled by her pillow.

"Why is there a boy in your closet?"

There was a stunned silence before Rie stood, the mattress creaking as she rushed over, staring at him.

"I don't know h-" she cut herself off, realisation dawning on her face, "did you do this?"

"Maybe, maybe not~" he sang, irking the girl as the servant sweat-dropped, trying to calm her down.

"P-pranks aside," the servant stammered, "why are you here?"

"You know, that's a good question..." murmured the female, "why are you here?"

"Oh, I was sent here by Ace," he shrugged nonchalantly, watching as the girl instantly relaxed, "he said he wanted someone to watch over you when he was gone."

"That... makes you sound like my guardian angel..." she dead-panned, an irk mark appearing on the male's face.

"I'd rather 'guardian devil', thanks, Rie," he corrected, the pair sharing a slightly exasperated glance, "name's Karma, by the way, Karma Akabane."

"This is Nagisa Shiota, he's the head of the servants," Rie motioned to him, "I guess you'll be working here now... we just need to assign you a job..."

There was silence among the trio as the teenager stood, revealing his physical features. He had pale skin, short red hair. His pale sharp, mercury eyes glinted with mischief as a lazy smile covered his face.

"You could be Rie's personal servant," suggested Nagisa aloud, the pair turning to stare at him as he waved his hands in front of his face, "I-I mean, since Ace did assign you here to keep an eye on Rie..."

"You could also be my sidekick, even though I hate groupwork," she accepted, "do you have a preferred codename?"

"Semi-Senioritis will do," he shrugged nonchalantly, laughing as she shooed the servants outside to change and do something about her room.

"Well... see you around, Karma," waved Nagisa, the male shoving his hands into his pockets.

"Oh, by the way... Nagisa, was it?" he called over his shoulder, trying to remember the servant's name; the said servant turned with a hum, raising a brow, "are you a boy or girl?"

"I'm a boy!"

"Eh~? Okay then~"

~TIMESKIP~

Karma Akabane would never forget the first time he saw Rie Hassake kill.

It was only three months after he began working in the manor, and Rie was displeased to say that he was, unfortunately, an adept servant. Aside from his small pranks around the house and on the other servants, he instantly hit it off with the other servants and was a skilled and adaptable worker.

"Mi'lady?"

"Come in," she spoke from her bed, her golden eyes flashing to the door to face her butler, her personal servant standing behind him, "new mission?"

"Yes, and the master and mistress would like to assign you and Karma to work together on this mission," he spoke, the said boy sticking his tongue out with a small peace-sign. The girl frowned, sitting up and placing her phone beside him. "Go on..."

"She's a new Villain that recently emerged," he explained, reading her information off the file, "here." He handed it to the assassin as a perplexed Karma watched.

"Uh, just a question," he raised his hand slightly as if he were in class, the pair motioning for him to continue, "what types of people do you assassinate?"

"People who either mess with society or are a danger to me," the girl stated, her lips barely moving as she skimmed over her file, "got it, let's go you two."

"Karasuma's coming too?" he raised a brow, watching as she gathered her cloak, wrapping it around her shoulders and tucking her arms into the sleeves.

"Nah, he's driving us there," she hummed, eyeing him, "unless..."

"Unless?"

"You'd rather parkour over buildings?" Judging by the way his mercury eyes lit up at the mention of 'parkouring over buildings', she assumed he'd prefer that. "Well, that's settled. Karasuma, there's no need for you to come."

"Of course, Rie," he bowed, "good luck on your mission."

He would never forget the way her eyes gleamed maliciously, the shudder that ran up his spine when she hissed for him to not rush into the bar and kill her then and there, the blood flooding down her abdomen and dripping off the newly-summoned dagger, and her chilling smile.

One thing was for sure:

Karma Akabane would never mess with Rie Hassake again.