|91| Flowing Black Blood

"Rie..." Midoriya was the first to speak.

She turned to the servants, ignoring the freckled male, much to his dismay.

"Someone run me down on what just happened."

It was quiet in the room before Itona cleared his throat.

"To sum it up... Mineta brought back Nagisa's dysphoria," he recalled, his heard beating loudly as the servants held their breath to see her reaction. Aizawa cast her a side-glance, stepping back cautiously as her hair covered her eyes.

A yelp rang through the room as a knife whizzed past the said Class 1-A student, the class staring in shock as the weapon lodged into the ground, slowly floating upwards and disappearing. They all gazed back at the female, her arm still outstretched in a tossing motion.

"So... if what Itona told me is true - and I trust it is - you triggered his dysphoria by calling him a girl?"

"I never said-"

"I trust my servants with my life," she snarled, "and based on Karma and Nagisa's reactions, I don't think you're telling the truth."

She turned back to her slightly shaken-up servants.

"You can go back to our dorms now," she commanded quietly, "Karma, check up on Nagisa, the rest of you can go back to the dorms and take a rest... you all need one."

"Fine," her personal servant stated after some hesitance, "what about you, Rie?"

"Me?"

"What are you... going to do?"

Her hair covered her eyes.

"I'll think about it," she beamed, the servant gazing at her hesitantly then at a certain heterochromatic-eyed male behind her. He sighed, his shoulders heaving as he stretched, turning around and clapping his hands.

"You heard Rie, let's go back to our dorms~"

One by one, they all steadily trailed out, Karma being the last to leave. He eyed the assassin, placing a hand on her shoulder.

"Rie..."

She turned her head slightly. He sighed, taking his hand off her shoulder and saluting as he walked out.

Her back was still facing the class.

She could hear their racing heartbeats.

"Rie... what happened to you?" Kirishima was the first to speak, his voice barely above a whisper.

She raised a brow, only just acknowledging her classmates' presence.

"Oh... hello... Heroes."

There was a tense silence in the room.

She eyed Kirishima, hearing his heartbeat drastically increase as his breath hitched, mirroring Karma's previous actions as he cautiously stepped back.

"'What happened to me', huh?" she echoed thoughtfully, smiling sinisterly as she slowly made her way towards him, "I don't know what you're talking about."

"You..." You weren't like this before, he wanted to say, but then he paused.

How was he to know what Rie was like before she came to U.A.? Sure, he had only seen a little bit of what Rie's 'darker' personality was like during camp, but was that really her Villainous side?

"I don't..." the words were caught in his throat, his voice surprisingly quiet, "get... it..."

"Hm?" she cocked her head, "what don't you get?"

"I-you-"

"Do tell, Kirishima," she stated, blinking her eyes innocently. The words were caught in his throat as she smiled, leading him to a bench that he didn't even realise was there. He sat down, his face ashen white and sitting down, refusing to look at his classmate who towered over him. She leered, placing either hand beside him, caging him in and imprisoning him. His breath hitched in his throat as he felt her warm breath on the side of his neck. "Your heart's beating quite quickly, there's no need to be scared~"

"I-I'm not..." his words failed him as he cursed internally for his stammer. The assassin tutted, straightening up as she waved her index finger in a disapproving manner.

"Real convincing, even a baby could believe you," she tutted, "but, anyway... what is there to be scared of?"

Her smile unnerved the red-haired boy.

He shook his head.

If it wasn't her Villainous side, then what was it?

Well... whatever it was, he didn't want to know.

"Rie, I wanted to ask you something!" Midoriya piped up, Bakugo, Iida and Kirishima tensing as she let out a low hum, "why did you never answer any of our texts and calls?"

"Ah."

The three of them had a vague idea - whether or not they were right was another question.

"Heroes... such delusional people..."

The class was silent.

"You believe that everyone can be saved, everyone just needs to believe and have hope. You want to save everyone? Ha! Such a naive, little world you're all living in..."

"Rie-"

"The harsh reality is... sometimes, people don't want to be saved, nor do they need to be saved."

She came to a stop in front of the door, the students staring after her with a shocked expression.

"You need to get that through your thick skulls."

The door slammed shut.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N
The next arc will be a non-canon arc
(i.e. the next arc won't be a canon arc
from the BNHA timeline)