|26| The End-of-Term Exams

"Right, that's it for class... any questions?" Aizawa concluded, sighing as he stacked the papers on his desk. He stared back at Class 1-A who were waiting to be dismissed, almost giddy about the end of the tiring day; they all shook their heads. "Right... there's only one week left until the final exams... you are all studying properly, right?"

He narrowed his eyes at the class who all immediately began viciously nodding.

"I'm sure you all already know, but it's not just going to be a written exam, there will also be a practical component. If you pass both, you will be able to attend U.A.'s annual Training Camp for the first-years," he informed, "make sure you train your minds and bodies... that's all."

As soon as the door slid shut, the class ruptured into an outburst.

"I haven't studied at all!" yelled Kaminari, who had placed last in the class, Ashido agreeing as she hummed, placing her hands behind her head. She placed 20th out of the 21 students. "With the Sports Festival and the internships, I didn't even study!"

"it's true that we've had one event after another, but..." murmured Tokoyami, who had placed 15th.

"For the midterms, we'd just started school so they didn't cover that much," pointed out Sato - who had placed 13th - to Koda, who had placed 12th.

"It'll be tough since there's a practical exam as well~" hummed Mineta smugly, the students shocked that he had placed 10th overall.

"How?! Guys like you are likeable if you're dumb!" complained Ashido.

"Let's do our best, you guys!" Midoriya stammered, revealing that he had placed 5th, "we all want to go to the Training Camp together, right?"

"As the class representative, I have high hopes that we'll all be able to attend the Camp together!" Iida raised his hand, having placed 2nd.

"It's pretty hard to fail if you guys just pay attention," snorted Todoroki, having placed 6th.

"You know, I could help with tutoring..." suggested Yaoyorozu, having placed 1st, "I-I might not be as helpful in the practical part, though..."

"I haven't placed that low, but can I join in as well?" Jiro requested, placing 7th in the midterms, "I'm kinda having trouble with quadratic equations..."

"H-huh?"

"Me too! How are you with classical Japanese?" Sero popped up, having placed 17th.

"Can I join in too?" Ojiro sighed, raising a hand limply, though the assassin wasn't sure why he was so upset, seeing as he had placed 8th, "I don't get a bunch of stuff..."

The girl's eyes shone.

"Yes, of course!" she leapt up, squealing in excitement, "let's have a study session at my place this weekend!"

"Seriously?! I can't wait to see your house!" burst Ashido.

"Oh, I must tell mother and have her open up the hall... what kind of tea are you all partial to?" she paid no mind to the shell-shocked students as they stared, wondering how rich she was, "in my family, we always drink Harrod's or Wedgwood so if you guys have any preferences, let me know! Oh, and I'll definitely help you guys study! You don't have to worry about that!"

Holy crap... she just casually threw it out there that there's a huge difference in how we were born... but she's so cute that I don't even care...

"Harry's, was it?" Kaminari stated, still in a daze, "that's fine with us~"

"Look at the difference in virtue," Kirishima sweat-dropped, having placed 16th.