|49| A Manly Confession of the Truth {Pt. 2}

Eijiro Kirishima vowed to himself that he would never tremble with fear when faced with a Villain.

And yet, here he was, trembling under Rie's gaze.

Her golden eyes had transformed into snake-like slits as they bore into the teenager's soul. He swallowed, his hand growing paler by the moment as he gripped the railing tightly in an attempt to not faint and fall backwards. His heart thumped wildly.

"What's wrong, Kirishima?" her voice was innocent, though it was laced with both venom and fake-sweetness; she leaned in as his breath hitched, his heart rate increasing drastically, "you're rather pale..."

"I don't..." the words were caught in his throat, his voice surprisingly quiet, "get... it..."

"Hm?" she cocked her head, "what don't you get?"

"I-you-"

"Do tell, Kirishima," she stated, blinking her eyes innocently. The words were caught in his throat as she smiled, leading him to a bench that he didn't even realise was there. He sat down, his face ashen white and sitting down, refusing to look at his classmate who towered over him. She leered, placing either hand beside him, caging him in and imprisoning him. His breath hitched in his throat as he felt her warm breath on the side of his neck. "Your heart's beating quite quickly, there's no need to be scared~"

"I-I'm not..." his words failed him as he cursed internally for his stammer. The assassin tutted, straightening up as she waved her index finger in a disapproving manner.

"Real convincing, even a baby could believe you," she tutted, "but, anyway... what is there to be scared of?"

Her smile unnerved the red-haired boy.

"Rie, I don't understand this!" he yelled suddenly, startling the girl as she jolted back, golden eyes wide, "has everything just been a lie to you?"

"What is 'everything'?" she quoted, quickly recovering from her initial shock.

"Y-you know..." he initially faltered, though he quickly regained his confidence, "everything with us! Everything in school, everything with Todoroki, everything with-"

"Well... that's for me to know..."

His face fell as she turned around, refusing to show him her dark smirk.

"And you to never find out..."

And she left him sitting there, distraught and conflicted.

~TIMESKIP~

"Hey, Rie?" Ashido's voice was quiet in the room, the assassin raising a brow and turning to face the girl, "I'm... sorry about the spa incident..."

"The spa incident?" she echoed, "oh, that..."

The memories of the vents at the spa flooded back into her mind as she sighed, bringing her hand up to rub the back of her neck with a small smile. The girls turned over, now only half-awake and listening to their conversation.

"Rie..." Asui's voice stated slowly, "are you... alright?"

"Huh?" she blinked, sitting up slightly, "yeah, why wouldn't I be?"

"Those scars..." Uravity murmured quietly, "they didn't look too recent... and..."

"Uraraka," the vice-president interceded gently, shaking her head discretely. She fell silent, snuggling deeper into her sleeping bag and whispering a small apology.

"It's fine."

From then on, the girls fell into a deep sleep, silently vowing and agreeing to never bring up Rie's scars again.

The next morning, the girl arose early to find that she was the second person awake (after Yaoyorozu), the girl yawning widely and entering the kitchen to find her making tea. Politely declining her offer, she stole a glance at the clock to find that it was only 5:15. She sighed, perking up as she sat down beside her, a comfortable silence between them.

"So... you have Todoroki's hoodie, right?" she smirked suddenly, enjoying the girl's sudden flustered state, "I won't tell anyone, don't worry~"

"T-thanks..."

Footsteps sounded, the females turning to find Aizawa walking in, slouched over. He did a double-take upon seeing both females already awake, blinking a few times before sighing, stretching and motioning for the pair to come over to him; they did so with raised eyebrows.

"I don't know why you two are awake so early," he began, "but this is convenient, I suppose. Wake up the rest of the class and tell them to meet me outside by 5:30."

"I'll wake the boys," the assassin volunteered, the female beside her agreeing and volunteering to wake the girls. They parted ways in the corridor, the girl sliding the door open to see the boys asleep. A helpless smile fell onto her face as her golden eyes lingered on Shoto. The corners of her mouth twitched upwards as she tried to avoid the boys' bodies and to the window.

Without warning, she slid the curtains open, hearing multiple groans from behind her.

"Time to wake up, boys~"

"MOTHERF-" yelled Bakugo, growling and sitting up.

"Father!" she grinned cheekily, pointing to Kaminari, "now you~"

"Brother?"

She sighed, walking out and giving no further explanation for the ash-blonde's loud swearing, meeting Yaoyorozu outside.

"What... happened in there?" she sweat-dropped.

"Nothing at all~" she sang, "let's meet Aizawa downstairs before Aizawa uses his cloth on all of us."

"Yeah..." to say that she didn't believe her would be a slight understatement.

"I will kill you," snarled Bakugo from behind her, the girl laughing awkwardly, knowing fully well that he wouldn't hesitate to do so.

"Why is Bakugo going to kill you?" Jiro asked slowly, walking over as she remained silent, knowing that she was still being watched by the male. She perked up as a familiar shark-teethed boy passed her.

"Morning, Kirishima," she placed a hand on his shoulder, a coy smile on her face as she moved to talk to Midoriya and Todoroki. He licked his lips nervously, ignoring his thudding heartbeat. He swallowed, Sero's question sounding rather distant despite only being a few inches away from him. He swallowed, gazing down at his clenched fist.

"Morning... Rie..."