|33| Deku and Kacchan, The Worst Possible Pairing

Turns out, Rie had spent almost half an hour just pondering whether or not she had feelings for Todoroki - now she knew she did - which meant that she missed out on quite a few battles.

The battle after Todoroki and YaoMomo's was Uraraka and Aoyama vs Thirteen. The pair won - narrowly, thanks to a distraction caused by Aoyama. Startled at the fact that Uraraka was sent hurtling towards them, they didn't hesitate to hurriedly deactivate her Quirk and for the girl to make usage of what she had learnt while her internship with Gunhead and thus, gaining victory for the pair.

The next battle was Ashido and Kaminari against the Principal; at that point, Iida, Ojiro, Todoroki and YaoMomo had finished their checkups and the girl was now making it a point to purposely avoid the boy - after reassuring that nothing was wrong with her. Much to the students' shock, the principal was sitting in a crane, destroying the makeshift factory site and causing the large pipes to fall on top of them, effectively blocking all pathways to the exits. In the end, however, it all ended in vain, as both students ultimately failed the exam due to running out of time.

Needless to say, all of the students felt sick at the explanation of Nezu's sadistic personality.

"Remind me... never to... get... detention..." shuddered Rie, the students silently agreeing.

The battle after that was Koda and Jiro, whose opponent was the infamously loud Present Mic, much to everybody's sympathy. The Voice Hero was generally loud enough as he was, but with both students - who both had sound-related Quirks - his voice would be significantly louder. Whether they wanted to run or fight wouldn't be of any use, as he was standing right in front of the entrance, deeming it almost impossible to fight him. However, they managed to take advantage of his entomophobia and the fact that sound is unable to travel underground well.

Next was Shoji and Hakagure versus Snipe, the pair taking advantage of the girl's Quirk to place the cuffs on him, the assassin's homeroom teacher congratulating the pair. After their battle was Mineta and Sero, who were fighting against Midnight. Not long after the battle started, Sero found himself falling victim to Somnambulist, Mineta cursing him for being in such a 'vulnerable' situation and leaving him to deal with the battle. Nonetheless, he managed to win by using his Pop-Off Quirk to stick her whip to the round and making a run for the exit.

A pit of dread started to form in the girl's stomach as the announcement blared.

"Team Bakugo and Midoriya: Start!"

Not a minute had passed and already they had found a reason to argue with one another.

"K-Kacchan, we should j-just r-"

"Hah?! Beating him down's the best option!"

"B-but we d-don't-"

"I don't care. I'm the one who will beat All Might"

Midoriya hesitated.

"T-this is A-All Might we're talking a-about," he tried again, failing to notice how the said boy paused, yelping as he collided with the ground, his breath hitching as he gazed up at the livid blonde.

"There you go again, muttering nonsense and thinking we can succeed," he growled, sneering at his former childhood friend, "you think you're so strong-"

"I-if we wanna pass this test-"

"You think I need your stinking power to pass?!"

"They're the best combo," muttered the girl sarcastically, shivering under Bakugo's glare as he continued yelling. He was only interrupted as a large gale of wind rushed past them, knocking the pair off their feet as the camera revealed All Might had just punched the air, thus taking the pair off guard.

"Who cares about the town being intact?" he hummed, making his way to the dumbfounded pair who were standing in shock, "think of this as a test... and you'll be in for a real treat~ I'm a Villain, boys, so give me your best shot."

"Like I need to be told!" yelled the blonde, using Stun Grenade against the 'Villain', only for him to grab his face. A muffled grunt exited his mouth, the boy smirking and using his other hand to severely injure the man, who took it all head-on, albeit with shock. He let the student go after some time, the boy gasping for air as he coughed, struggling to stand as he cursed under his breath, watching as All Might went after Deku.

"There's something I don't quite understand," muttered Recovery Girl, the observers glancing to her in confusion, "one wants to beat All Might, and the other wants to run... to Izuku Midoriya, All Might is like a God, he sees him as being unimaginably powerful and unbeatable... On the other hand, there's Katsuki Bakugo, who I don't know that much about, but judging from his grades and his performance at the Sports Festival, so he's gifted with unnaturally incredible talent..." she let a frown take over her elderly features, "so why is he so worked up?"

The teenagers stared in silence, pondering why until Rie chose to speak up.

"Well... put it this way. This year, Midoriya started out at Level 1, whereas Bakugo started out at Level... 50, let's say," she analysed slowly, "from what Bakugo told me, Midoriya was Quirkless until this year - that, or he lied about not having a Quirk. But then we saw at the beginning of the year that Midoriya had absolutely no self-control over his Quirk, something that's familiar to us all, but we all experienced it when we got our Quirks at a young age. I'd say Bakugo's jealous of Midoriya's quick growth and development... but since they start at vastly different levels, you'd expect them to be growing at vastly different rates."

The students gaped at her explanation.

Rie Hassake... I don't know that much about her either... but from what the staff has informed me, she is an incredibly talented girl who was recommended into U.A. by Edgeshot. Her past as an assassin has really helped her analytical and tactical skills and she prefers working alone, although she works well in a group... she's quite an interesting girl.

The students continued watching as Deku grabbed the boy and rushed into an alleyway, presumably to discuss a plan to win the battle by either running or fighting. Turns out, they chose both - fight, then run, fight, then run, fight, then run, rinse and repeat. Eventually, Midoriya managed to grab his childhood best friend and race through the exit, earning themselves the right to go to the Training Camp.

Although... half of their bones were crushed thanks to All Might - everybody could hear Recovery Girl scolding him for injuring the teenagers more than they needed to... Two minutes of silence passed as the students in the room tried to register what had just occurred, Iida choosing this moment to voice everybody's thoughts.

"They... beat... All Might..."