|58| An Identity Uncovered

The only thing that could be heard was the snarling of Rie as she glared at her parents. Her heart thudded against her chest as she defiantly stared, Bakugo pursing his lips in silence and watching their interaction unfold.

"Do tell, Rie," hummed Reyna, pushing herself off the wall and twirling a knife in her fingers, not sparing her daughter a second glance, "why go to a Hero school, hmm?"

"Why not?" she perked a brow, suddenly stiffening as her mother's sharp eyes pierced into hers.

"You see, your father and I were utterly shocked when Killua told us you were attending U.A." she hummed, "how could you enrol in a Hero's school? After all, you're Japan's best assassin, and assassins kill Heroes, not work together with them~"

"Can someone explain what the fuck is going on?" Bakugo spoke for the first time, his red eyes darting to each individual Villain, who didn't seem entirely fazed at his outburst.

"Rie?" her father called, "would you like to do the honours?"

"I..." all eyes were on the assassin, though she could feel Bakugo's eyes bearing into hers. She licked her lips nervously, shifting uneasily in her binds. "I'm... assuming you've heard of Poison Dart..."

Of course, he had, who hadn't?

Poison Dart was Japan's highest-ranked assassin, if not the best assassin in the world. She came from a well-known family of assassins and Villains, so it would be unheard of if she ever became a Hero. She began her kill streak when she was five, and preferred to use weapons as her means of fighting - mainly a pistol and dagger, though some sources have said that she excelled in hand-to-hand combat. Those who were unlucky enough to be one of her targets never made it back alive, and all witnesses were killed; the information came from those who were hiding in the shadows or security cameras. Dart was a solo Villain who hated group work-

He blinked.

"Kacchan!" Deku ran up to him, waving his mother's phone around, the boy turning with narrowed eyes.

"What do you want, Deku?"

"There's a new Villain!" he gushed, flinching under the blonde's unrelenting scowl, "and she's our age!"

"What, making friends with Villains now?" he grunted, though he couldn't help but best his curiosity, snatching the phone from his hands as his scarlet eyes scanning the screen, scrolling down to find the Villain's alias and what she had done.

𝙵𝚒𝚟𝚎-𝚢𝚎𝚊𝚛-𝚘𝚕𝚍 𝚅𝚒𝚕𝚕𝚊𝚒𝚗 𝚌𝚕𝚒𝚖𝚋𝚜 𝚞𝚙 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚛𝚊𝚗𝚔𝚜 𝚊𝚜 𝚘𝚗𝚎 𝚘𝚏 𝙹𝚊𝚙𝚊𝚗'𝚜 𝚋𝚎𝚜𝚝 𝚊𝚜𝚜𝚊𝚜𝚜𝚒𝚗𝚜

"What's her name?"

"I dunno."

"'Course you don't," he snorted, handing the phone back to the terrified boy, "she sounds interesting... wonder if I can take her on?"

"No, Kacchan!" he tapped his fingers together anxiously, "but... people have been calling her Poison Dart..."

"Oi... Sword Bastard... you're not saying that..."

She hung her head, giving no signal that it was misinformation. His mouth hung open as he spluttered, struggling to think of some sort of way that this could be possible-

"Has it ever occurred to you that nobody knows her surname, Bakugo?" questioned her so-called father suddenly, raising a brow as the brash teenager opened his mouth to respond, slowly closing it as the realisation dawned on him, "perhaps your little 'Riri-chan' here didn't want people thinking she was a Villain - which she is - and that she was, ah, shall we say... going to kill one of you?"

The male couldn't think straight.

Sure, the Sword Bastard was annoying and dating Icy Hot, and she was strong - no doubt about that - but he never imagined that she would be a Villain. Weren't Villains supposed to be malicious, blood-thirsty, and have a bad track record?

Though, the more he thought about it, the more the information began to add up.

None of the students know her surname; the Hassake family was a well-known Villainous family, so it makes sense if she wanted to hide that she's a Hassake. And when U.S.J. was attacked, the Sword Bastard was the only one - alongside All Might, but this wasn't about him - wanted by the Villains, they didn't care about the rest of us students. She's incredibly secretive about her home life and her family; the only person she's ever mentioned is Raging Sword.

He furrowed his brows in thought.

Not to mention...

"So your entire family is made up of Villains?"

"Apart from my brother... and I," she hesitated. Bakugo furrowed his brows suspiciously at her slight falter.

She hesitated back then... so that really means...

"Who else is called Poison Dart?" the man with the patchwork scars on his body raised a brow, "name's Dabi, by the way."

"It's funny..." she chuckled darkly, though her voice held no signs of humour, "I don't even know how I got that name, I don't even use poison."

She could hear his heartbeat, loud and clear.

"Well... we'll give you some time to think about it," Shigaraki scratched his neck, not seeming to care, "Twice, take them to his cell."

"Sure thing!" 'Twice' nodded, giving him a thumbs-up before doing a double-take, shaking his head and crossing his arms in an 'X' motion, "no way! What if she's gonna cause trouble with him?"

"It's fine, he's our key to obtaining Dart," he shrugged, the girl raising a brow in confusion as she and Bakugo reluctantly let the man drag them to a cell.

"In you go," he carelessly shoved the two chairs into the cell and leaving the pair seemingly alone-

"Rie? What are you doing here?"

At least, they thought they were.

Though the yellow light was still dim, it was bright enough to light up the familiar male's face.

He had jet-black hair with matching eyes, his mouth agape at upon seeing the pair. He wore a navy-blue outfit, a sword in his hand and dry blood made a small scar below his lip. His hair swept to one side, partially covering his right eye.

"Oi, Sword Bastard, isn't that-"

"Ace?"