|5| A Talk With Todoroki

There was a boy in the back that intrigued the girl greatly.

He had a red scar over his left eye, accompanied by red hair which parted into white. His Hero Costume consisted of a cream shirt with matching pants and boots, two golden straps over his shoulders. Ice spiked from his left side, his heterochromatic eyes blankly staring at the screen. She sighed, jolting as All Might tapped her on the shoulder.

"Are you sure you don't want to participate, Young Rie?"

She nodded plainly for what seemed to be the fifth time that day as she gazed over at the boy once again.

Feeling her gaze, he furrowed his brows, his arms crossed over his chest as he let out a frustrated sigh, giving her the cold shoulder, which she gladly returned. He rose a brow sceptically, watching her as he walked over to him. He scoffed, glaring to the side as she sauntered up to him. As she neared him, she noted how he moved away from her like he had the plague and wondered what the hell was up with him, voicing her thoughts aloud.

"I don't intend on making friends here."

"Neither do I," she agreed.

He gazed at her, silently debating if he should continue the conversation with her. He made his choice.

"What's your Quirk?"

"Well, ain't that a conversation starter," she snorted, sighing once he glared at her, "fine... but you're telling me your Quirk after I tell you mine."

He shrugged.

"Fair enough."

Gods this boy is so damn socially-awkward... it's such a mood...

"My Quirk is called Knight," she initially lied, not wanting to tell the boy about her real occupation, "I can summon any weapon at will and use them against my opponent... but it also grants me excessive bloodlust so I tend not to rely on it too much."

He hummed.

"What weapon do you use?"

"It depends on the opponent, but I tend to use my katana," she summoned, holding it out by the sheath and swinging it around, much to the boy's alarm as he placed a hand on her wrist, calming her down slightly. She blinked, gazing at him as he coughed, gazing to the side and lowering the girl's wrists.

"Watch where you're waving that thing!"

The boy sweat-dropped, the girl's demeanour fading as she lowered her gaze, an apologetic smile adorning her features.

"I'm sorry... so, tell me. What's your Quirk?"

The boy's face darkened.

"Half-Cold Half-Hot," he introduced, "I can generate ice from the right side of my body and flames from my left."

"That does explain the ice..." she murmured, eying the boy's left side; she noted how the boy gave her a dark glare, sending shivers down her spine.

"But in battle, I will never, ever use my left side."

The girl blinked in confusion, watching as the heterochromatic boy pushed himself off the wall, keeping a steely gaze to the screen. He walked forward, ignoring the girl's questions, answering plainly.

"Well, it's time for me to go fight. Nice talking to you, Rie."

And it was only then that she realized that she didn't know the boy's name.