|29| Conflicted Feelings

"It's not a secret I try to hide," the boy started singing, the girl staring down at him as her hand hovered over her bag; his gaze was fixed on her, unwavering and slightly unnerving her, "I know you want me, so don't keep saying our hands are tied."

"Todoroki-" she blinked, watching as he kept his steady gaze on her.

"You claim it's not in the cards, fate is pulling you miles away and out of reach from me," he continued, standing up and slinging his bag over his shoulder and walking over to her as she froze, unsure of what to do in this situation. She began to slowly back away, her back gently colliding against the wall as her heart skipped a beat, watching him walk closer. "But you're here in my heart so who can stop me if I decide that you're my destiny?"

He was towering over her, his hands on either side of her, trapping her between him and the wall as his heterochromatic-eyes lingered on her. Her breathing hitched slightly, shivers running up her spine and she wasn't sure if it was because of their close proximity or the sudden change in temperature.

฿Ʉ₮ ₩Ⱨ₳₮ ₳ⱤɆ ɎØɄ ĐØł₦₲ ₮Ø ₥Ɇ, ⱤłɆ?

"W-we should g-go s-stud-Shoto!"

He pulled her up, a startled gasp escaping from her lips their faces ended up inches apart

"What if we rewrite the stars? Say you were made to be mine. Nothing could keep up apart; you'd be the one I was meant to find..."

"T-Todoroki-"

"Shoto," he corrected quietly, continuing as he dragged her away from the door, "it's up to you, and it's up to me. No one can say what we get to be, so why don't we rewrite the stars? Maybe the world could be ours tonight..."

The girl shook her head, pulling away as she stared to the side and started to get an idea of what he was trying to say; Endeavor's son watched her carefully as his hands remained gripped around her wrists. She tucked a stranded piece of hair behind her ear and exhaled, closing her eyes as she turned away, the boy frowning at the sudden loss of contact.

ɎØɄ ₵₳₦ ₦ɆVɆⱤ ₭₦Ø₩ ₩Ⱨ₳₮ ₳ ₲łⱤⱠ ł₴ ₮Ⱨł₦₭ł₦₲, ₴ⱧØ₮Ø... ĐØ₦'₮ ⱤɄ₴Ⱨ ⱧɆⱤ.

"You think it's easy, you think I don't want to run to you," she disagreed, "but there are mountains and there are doors that we can't walk through." The boy opened his mouth to speak but she cut him off. "I know you're wondering why, because we're able to be just you and me within these walls but when we go outside, you're going to wake up and see that it was hopeless after all."

The boy furrowed his brows in confusion further, following her as she walked outside, continuing.

"No one can rewrite the stars, how can you say you'll be mine?" she questioned, turning back to the strangely silent teenager, "everything keeps us apart and I'm not the one you were meant to find. It's not up to you, it's not up to me when everyone tells us what we can be... how can we rewrite the stars; say that the world can be ours tonight..."

"All I want is to fly with you-" the girl continued.

"All I want is to fall with you," the boy cut off.

"So just give me all of you," she pleaded, "it feels impossible-"

"It's not impossible-"

"Is it impossible?" she repeated.

"Say that it's possible!" he narrowed his eyes challengingly, activating his right side and shooting out a large platform of ice as he led her onto it, steadying themselves.

ł'₥ ₳₦ ₳₴₴₳₴₴ł₦, ₳ ฿ⱠØØĐ₮ⱧłⱤ₴₮Ɏ ₳₦Đ Đ₳Ɽ₭ VłⱠⱠ₳ł₦. ⱧɆ'₴ ₳ ⱧɆⱤØ, ⱧɆ₵₭, ⱧɆ'₴ ₮ⱧɆ ₦Ʉ₥฿ɆⱤ 2 ⱧɆⱤØ'₴ ₴Ø₦! ₩Ɇ'ⱤɆ ₦Ø₮ ₴Ʉ₱₱Ø₴ɆĐ ₮Ø ฿Ɇ ĐØł₦₲ ₮Ⱨł₴!

"How do we rewrite the stars, say you were made to be mine?" murmured the girl.

"Nothing can keep up apart, 'cos you are the one I was meant to find," confirmed the boy, keeping a steady gaze on her.

"It's up to you, and it's up to me, no one can say what we get to be," they chorused.

"And why don't we rewrite the stars, changing the world to be ours?" they closed in on each other and their faces were now inches away from each other, feeling the other person's breath heavily exhale on the other's face. She blinked, suddenly realising their close proximity and continued to observe the boy's eyes, one of which was like a shimmering sapphire the other a dull grey.

There was silence as she panted, shivering from the cold.

"W-we g-got s-sidetracked," she stammered.

"You'll pass the exams, no doubt about it," he stated confidently, sending shivers down her spine as she pouted, gazing to the side with a light pink dusting her cheeks.

ł ĐØ₦'₮ ₩₳₦₮ ₮Ø ₱Ʉ₮ ₴ⱧØ₮Ø ł₦ Đ₳₦₲ɆⱤ... ₳₦Đ ɎɆ₮... ₩ⱧɎ ₳₥ ł ₣ɆɆⱠł₦₲ ₮Ⱨł₴ ₩₳Ɏ?

"Y-you put too much faith in me... S-Shoto..."

The said boy liked the way that she said his name.

There was silence in the room.

"Y-you're a-an a-awfully good dancer," was the first thing that came to the assassin's mind, the boy smirking down at her as he hummed.

"Perks of coming from a well-known and rich Hero family," he shrugged, "you have a nice voice."

The red on her face could rival Kirishima's bright, red hair as she quickly backed away, her hair falling over her reddened face.

Damn it... I was so close...

He sighed, gazing at the door which she exited out of, slightly conflicted as he let out a frustrated, strained groan.

He didn't know how he felt towards Rie, only that he seemed to heat up - regardless of his Quirk - and the temperature seemed to rise every time she was around. She was the first person who had even bothered to talk to him, on that day when they had the two-on-two battles as 'Villains' and 'Heroes', and he was intrigued by her; so much so that he even decided to tell her his family story when he made sure to swear to himself that nobody in his class would find out. And yet... she didn't judge him for hating Endeavor, the Number 2 Pro Hero and was bemused to find that they shared many common interests: hating Endeavor, cold and distant on the outside but once they got to know each other...

Oh well...

For now, he'd focus on the end-of-term exams.