|64| Poison Dart: Origins {Ace Hassake}

"Where are you going?"

The fifteen-year-old jolted when he heard his ten-year-old younger sister from the doorway. He stiffened, turning to find her leaning against the doorway with a small scowl on her face, her golden eyes staring intensely into his black ones. He sighed, straightening up and placing both hands on his hips.

"Wouldn't you like to know?" he hummed.

"Yes, I would, actually," she remained unperturbed, her brother sweat-dropping at her usual blunt attitude. He calmed down, turning back to his trunk with a small smile, simultaneously rubbing the back of his neck.

"If I'm telling the truth... I'm disowned," he confessed sheepishly, Rie stopping in the middle of her tracks and staring up at him with wide eyes.

"Ehh?" she whined, "what does that mean, Ace?"

"Dumbing it down, I'm..." he chose his words carefully, "not associating myself with the Hassake family anymore."

There was silence.

"So where are you gonna go?"

He blinked, astonished at the fact that the ten-year-old girl hadn't questioned his reasons.

"I-uh-"

"Are you gonna go live with your boyfriend?"

"Yeah, I'm-huh?!" he cut himself off, wide-eyed as he whirled around to face Rie; she flinched at his sudden action, "wait, how did you know we were dating? He didn't tell you, right? Oh, I'm gonna kill him if he did-"

"You two aren't that good at hiding it," she shrugged nonchalantly, "but..."

She hung her head, shifting her feet and her eyes downcast, her violet hair covering her eyes.

"Why did mother and father disown you?"

"To be honest... I disowned myself," he admitted.

"You can do that?"

"Yeah... besides, it was bound to happen anyway," he heaved, strolling over to the window and staring at the clear sky, "my Hero career is what began it, really."

"So then why did you become a Hero?" she murmured, clenching her fists at her sides, her voice raising at every new question, "why are you disowning yourself? Why..." her voice dropped back down to a whisper.

"Why... are you leaving me?"

His eyes softened as he turned, bending down to gently place a hand on her head with a soft smile.

"I'm not leaving you, Rie," he assured, "you can always come and visit the cafe."

"But it's not gonna be the same," she whimpered.

"Rie-"

"Please..." she hugged his legs, burying her head into his stomach, shaking slightly.

"Please... don't leave me..."

Three years would pass before they reunited.

It would take another two years before they would meet for the first time after Rie entered U.A. High.

And another six months before they separated for good.

Who knows how long it will be before Rie and Ace reunite again?