|10| Despair

There was silence as the teenager tensed up, shaking as she tried to form a coherent sentence to no avail. She clenched her fists.

"Hey! Are you deaf?! This is the third time I'm telling you, go with the others!"

"Is it really safer?" hummed Shigaraki, the teacher attracting attention, "I mean... Kurogiri has them surrounded and is prepared to kill them."

He gritted his teeth, continuing to attack, but the girl could sense that his heartbeat was quickening significantly and she swallowed the lump in her throat, watching as he stepped closer to her.

"Hey, I changed my mind," he murmured suddenly from behind the girl, startling her as she turned slightly, eying him, "fight."

"H-huh? But-"

"You heard Thirteen," he growled lowly, his scarf coiling around the Villains, "use your Quirk for good. You weren't just recommended into U.A. just because of your wishes."

"23 seconds."

"B-but I'm an assassin-"

"20 seconds."

"Quit talking, he's coming."

"17 seconds."

"Let's go," he commanded, the girl hesitantly summoning her sword and watching the pair approach each other, the Villain tossing the scarf aside before being thrust back by being elbowed in the stomach. He then felt a snake's presence behind him, frowning as he gripped the teacher's elbow.

ɴᴀᴍᴇ: ʀɪᴇ ʜᴀssᴀᴋᴇᴠɪʟʟᴀɪɴ ɴᴀᴍᴇ: ᴘᴏɪsᴏɴ ᴅᴀʀᴛ
ǫᴜɪʀᴋ: ᴀssᴀssɪɴ

ᴀssᴀssɪɴ ɢɪᴠᴇs ʜᴀssᴀᴋᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ᴀʙɪʟɪᴛʏ ᴛᴏ sᴜᴍᴍᴏɴ ᴀɴʏ ᴡᴇᴀᴘᴏɴ ᴀᴛ ᴡɪʟʟ ᴀɴᴅ ᴜsᴇ ᴛʜᴇᴍ ᴀɢᴀɪɴsᴛ ʜᴇʀ ᴏᴘᴘᴏɴᴇɴᴛ ɪɴ ᴡʜᴀᴛᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴡᴀʏ sʜᴇ ᴡɪsʜᴇs. sʜᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴇᴀʀ ᴛʜᴇɪʀ ʜᴇᴀʀᴛʙᴇᴀᴛ ᴀɴᴅ ᴄᴏɴᴛʀᴏʟ ᴛʜᴇɪʀ ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ-ғʟᴏᴡ, ᴀs ᴡᴇʟʟ ᴀs ᴛʜᴇɪʀ ᴏxʏɢᴇɴ ʟᴇᴠᴇʟs. ᴀssᴀssɪɴ ᴀʟsᴏ ɢʀᴀɴᴛs ʜᴇʀ ᴇxᴄᴇssɪᴠᴇ ʙʟᴏᴏᴅʟᴜsᴛ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ɪᴍᴘʀᴇssɪᴏɴ ᴏғ ᴀ sɴᴀᴋᴇ ᴡʜᴇɴ sʜᴇ 'sᴛʀɪᴋᴇs'.

"It's hard to see because you keep moving around..." he murmured, "but there's an instant where your hair falls..."

The man's eyes widened, tensing up.

His heartbeat quickened.

"That's when you've finished an action." His elbow began turning to stone, the girl faltering slightly. "Make one move, Poison Dart, and I'll kill your teacher."

She froze.

"And the space in between has gotten shorter and shorter... don't push yourself, Eraser Head."

The girl felt sick to her stomach as she watched his sleeve disintegrate, followed by his skin which had begun to crack. He gritted his teeth, gazing at the girl as he pushed him away, holding his injured elbow.

"Now, Rie!"

She smiled tightly, walking up to him and placing the sword next to his neck as he gazed up at her, using it to push himself up and in the process, destroying it. Startled, she dodged his moves as he grabbed her by the wrist. She let out a sharp gasp as she wrenched it away from the Villain narrowed his eyes.

My elbow's crumbling, Rie's wrist too... this is bad... my Quirk isn't suited for fighting long fights against a large group, he thought to himself, panicking.

"Even so, you jumped right in to fight us from the start," he hummed slowly, watching the girl, "was that to put your students at ease? Especially Dart here, she seems to be having some conflicting thoughts...."

Out of the corner of his eye, he noticed how the girl paled slightly. He growled lowly, continuing to attack the lesser Villains. He gazed at Shigaraki as he continued speaking.

"Oh, and by the way, Hero..." he smirked, "I'm not the last boss."

The man turned around a moment too late as the creature behind him reached for his head, crushing his skull and smashing it into the ground. Red filled her vision as his goggles flew away, clattering some distance further.

"So... what will it be, Poison Dart? You're the best assassin Japan has to offer, and if you don't join..." he hummed, motioning for the creature to continue his assault, smashing his head into the ground every few seconds or so, "Eraser Head will die."

Don't... do it... don't worry about me, Rie was all the man could think as he gazed at her through his injuries. The girl's legs shook as she tried to form a coherent sentence.

"You think you can go to a Hero school and become a Hero?" he continued, amusement lacing his voice, "you're the best Villain in Japan... after my father, of course... are you not going to accept an offer from the people you should be affiliating yourself with?"

"I'll tell you, Eraser Head. He's the anti-Symbol of Peace, the bioengineered 'Nomu'," he grinned.

"Oh, I know!" he exclaimed suddenly, "how about I give you a new target!"

"I-I don't take..."

"Kill Eraser Head."