|57| The Aftermath {Pt. 2}

Two Hours Later...

Footsteps thundered down the avenue that led to a large, white manor. Servants whirled around, startled at the sudden speed - the runner wasn't usually this fast - and opening their mouths to ask him what the matter was. However, he zipped past them before they had a chance to even utter the first word. He panted heavily as he leaned on the doors momentarily before slamming them open.

"Rie's been kidnapped by the League!" yelled Nagisa, startling the other servants - as well as Killua and Alluka - who were in the entrance hall. Their eyes widened as they barely had time to register what had been yelled out.

"The media's all over U.A. too," murmured Killua, displaying his phone with a slightly forlorn expression, his mouth curved into a small frown. Karasuma furrowed his brows, taking the phone from the young assassin.

A crack, followed by a yelp brought them out of their disbelief, their heads jerking to Karma, his hand having just punched the wall. Blood trickled down his knuckles as his head hung, gritting his teeth and clenching his uninjured hand, punching the wall repeatedly as the servants did nothing but stare.

"Why..." he murmured almost inaudibly, ceasing his damage and leaving his hand in the dent on the wall, "why Rie?!"

There was silence in the Hassake manor, though they were all brought out of their trance by Karasuma's phone ringing.

"Hello?" his teeth were gritted, gripping the phone tightly.

"Is this the Hassake residence?" an unfamiliar voice spoke.

"Yes, you are talking to their butler, Karasuma."

"Ah, brilliant, just the man I wanted to talk to," the voice stated brightly, "I'm Tsukauchi, a detective in the Police Force."

"You have one minute to explain why you called," he furrowed his brows, irked, a tick mark forming on his forehead, "I'm not exactly in the best mood right now."

"Alright, alright!" on the other end, the detective held up a hand in surrender while sweat-dropping, "I just received statements from both Eraser Head and Vlad King - the Hero Course teachers for U.A.'s first-year students - and we've successfully pinpointed the League of Villains' hideout!"

His eyes widened as he gave his phone a side-glance, slowly stating for him to continue.

"We've been investigating the League for quite some time now, but we came up with no leads. But a fortnight ago, one of my men found a witness who saw a man 'with a patchwork face' enter a building, one with not many tenants in it," he continued further, "when we contacted the landlord, we learned that there was a hidden bar inside. It didn't seem related to the investigation at the time, but we know now that the description matches one of the Villains who kidnapped Rie."

"That's..." his mouth hung open in slight admiration, "amazing."

"Ah, thank you," he smiled, only responded with silence.

"Forgive me for asking, Tsukauchi," Karasuma slowly cut through the silence, "but why are you telling me this?"

"If I'm not mistaken... one of the servants in the Hassake manor is Dart's sidekick?" he questioned, the butler raising a brow. He motioned for the said boy to come over ("I'm putting him on the phone"); reluctantly obliging, he was handed the phone.

"Hello?"

"Correct me if I'm wrong, but are you Dart's sidekick?"

He blinked, activating his Quirk with a sly smirk, yelping as he was whacked on the head by the butler.

"Behave, Karma."

"Yes, sir," he muttered, sighing, "no need to correct you, you're talking to him right now~"

"Brilliant," he heaved a sigh of relief, "would you be willing to join us for the rescue and search-and-destroy operation?"

"Hmm~?" he hummed, "sounds fun, I'm in~ Who else is gonna be there?"

"We haven't finalised the list as of yet, but so far, we have All Might-"

"Bo~ring~" he sang loudly.

"-Endeavor-"

"He's got anger management issues."

"-uh... B-Best Jeanist-"

"Oh, the fashion-obsessed Hero," he commented blankly.

"-Mount Lady-"

"Spoiled."

"-Gang Orca-"

"Interesting~" he grinned.

"-Kamui Woods-"

"Oh, the new tree guy!" he perked up.

"-Tiger-"

"Mkay."

"-Gran Torino-"

"Who?"

"-and Edgeshot," he finished, wearing an exasperated expression at the boy's unfiltered opinions.

"Not bad, not bad~" he smirked, his hair covering his mercury eyes, "when is it?"

"Two day's time - at least, we plan to," he informed, "are you in?"

Karma remained silent, the detective beginning to wonder whether he was still on the line.

He gazed up, his eyes gleaming maliciously as he released a demonic-like aura, startling the servants around him.

"Those bastards gotta pay for taking Rie..." he snarled, Karasuma wisely choosing to not interfere, "so 'course I gotta go."

"Excellent, I'll see you then."

The phone beeped and he hung up.

Karma wordlessly let his hand hang from his side.

"Kar... ma?" Isogai was the first to speak.

"I'm fine," he snapped, brushing past the children.

The head chef faltered, opening his mouth before closing it again, deciding against talking to him. They hung their heads as they watched him storm up the stairs and disappearing into the corridor, hanging their heads. Her personal servant came to a stop outside her room, gritting his teeth with a 'tch' and letting his head collide with the wall beside her door, closing his eyes and gritting his teeth.

They just hoped Rie was alright.

"We'll get you back home, Riri... so just hang tight."

Turns out...

Rie was far from alright.