|99| The Musician

Ritsu stared at the female at the door, a sympathetic expression on her face as she watched her nervously fiddle with her Jacks as she shifted from foot to foot.

"This... this is the... the servant dormitory, r-right?"

"Mhm!" she beamed, "did you want to speak to Rie?"

"Y-yeah..."

"Come in, I'll come and get her," was all she said before the screen fizzed black, the door sliding open and startling the Hero student.

"Oh?" A pink-haired male perked up, his lips falling into a lazy grin as he hummed, his strawberry milk carton in one hand as he wandered over. "You're from the A-Class, right?"

"Y-yeah..."

He hummed, watching her tap her Jacks together nervously as she avoided his persistent gaze.

"Did you need anything?" a silver-haired male questioned blankly, his golden eyes gazing into her dark ones, holding bar out to her, "chocolate?"

"N-no thanks..."

"Take a seat," Karma beamed, activating his Quirk as the female shrunk back, slightly intimidated.

"Karma!" scolded Nagisa, apologetically turning to the Class 1-A student, "I'm sorry about him, he can be a little... overbearing sometimes."

"Bit of an understatement," muttered Isogai, "do you want to eat anything?"

"N-no thanks..."

Karma eyed her, leaning against the counter as a glinting object caught his eye. He frowned, walking over and startling the girl as he suddenly leaned in, the female leaning back in surprise. His mercury eyes travelled to the pin on her chest.

Knew it.

"Karma!" Nagisa whisper-yelled, turning to the taken-aback student, "s-sorry about him, he-"

"Is that a non-binary pin?"

They tensed as their face fell slightly, following his gaze down to where there was indeed a circular pin with the yellow, purple, white and black stripes. His expression softened as he straightened back up, Nagisa peering over with a small 'ehh?' exiting his mouth.

"I-I... u-um..." their gaze lowered and fell on the couch, wishing for the ground to swallow them whole, deflating as they eventually muttered out a small 'yeah'.

"There's nothing wrong with that, why are you scared?"

"Karma, coming out to people is terrifying," deadpanned Nagisa, the student raising their head in slight surprise, "you don't know how they're gonna react and whether or not they're gonna accept you."

"Yeah, yeah," he sighed, "leave it to you to know everything about coming out~"

"Wh-what's that supposed to mean..." the boy whined.

"What does..."

"Oh, I'm trans," the male stated, smiling softly, "dysphoria sucks, huh?"

"Y-yeah..."

She visibly relaxed.

After all, if he was accepted and the other servants didn't seem to have a problem with it, then they'd obviously be accepting of them, right?

And if Rie defended Nagisa at the dormitories a couple of days before, it meant that she supported him, right?

They opened their mouth to ask more but was cut off by a ding.

"Itona," a male child stepped out from the elevator, hands in pockets as he played with his yo-yo's, "Nezu said he wanted to talk to you and Ritsu about the new security system and any ideas you both had."