|2| Last Place Will Be Expelled

"Isn't that... a little harsh?" the girl asked blankly.

Let's rewind to half an hour ago:

"If you're here to make friends, then you may as well go home."

Everybody in the class turned to see a black-haired man laying sideways in a yellow sleeping bag.

"This is the Hero Course. Right, it took you lot 8 seconds to finally silence yourselves. Time's limited, you lot aren't rational enough."

The girl recognized him as Aizawa, their homeroom teacher for who-knows-how-long. The girl squeaked, hurrying inside as the man straightened up, introducing himself and rummaging inside his sleeping bag for what seemed to be the sports uniform.

"Put these on and head on outside to the sports field," he stated monotonously, the class murmuring as they did as they were told, heading towards the change rooms as the girls changed in slightly awkward silence, observing each other and eventually wandering out into the field for what they were informed would be a 'Quirk assessment test'.

"B-but what about the Entrance Ceremony, the Orientation?" the first girl asked timidly.

"If you're going to be a Hero, you don't have time for such events," he scowled, turning his back to the perplexed class, "U.A.'s selling point is how unrestricted its school traditions are... which is also how the teachers run their classes."

He turned back to them, fishing out his phone from his pocket.

"You lot have been doing this since middle school, correct? Physical fitness tests where you weren't allowed to use your Quirks." The class nodded some as Rie stared blankly at the Pro Hero silently, not having any experience of going to a middle school. "This country still uses averages taken from results from students not using their Quirks. Irrational behaviour, if you ask me; the Ministry of Education is procrastinating."

He turned to face a young man of average height, a slim and muscular build who narrowed his eyes challengingly at the man. His ash-blonde hair was short, spiked up with bangs that hung over his eyebrows. His sharp, scarlet eyes pierced the man as a low growl escaped his throat.

"Bakugo, you finished at the top of the practical exam, right?" he addressed. The boy scowled, nodding. "In junior high, what was your best result for the softball throw?"

"67 meters," he responded blandly.

"Then do it with your Quirk." Eraser Head tossed the boy a softball which he swiftly caught it, walking to the white circle painted on the ground. "Do whatever you want as long as you stay in the circle."

He nodded, his back facing the class as they watched him stretch, winding up his arm and-

"DIE!" he roared, sending the ball flying into the air with what seemed to be a long stream of flames. The class blinked, silently questioning his choice of words as he straightened back up again, staring as the ball fell to the ground.

"Find your maximum first; that is the most rational way to form the foundation of a Hero," the man spoke, revealing that he threw the ball for a total of 705.2m, the class gaining mixed reactions of surprise and enjoyment.

"It looks so fun!" cheered a pink-skinned girl with cream horns propped atop her head.

"We can use our Quirks as much as we want; as expected from the Hero Course!" cheered a boy with spiked black hair. The teacher remained silent, echoing their responses darkly as the class hushed.

"You have three years to become a Hero," he began, stealing a side-glance at Rie, "are you going to have an attitude like that the entire time?"

A wide smirk made its way onto his face as he hummed.