|37| What Heroes Do

Karma Akabane knew Rie Hassake was one to get stressed and anxious quite easily.

Hell, he'd like to think that, besides Nagisa and Karasuma, he was the closest to Rie out of everybody in the Hassake household. He was the person to accompany her on most - if not every - mission that she was assigned, and he was there for her when her brother was disowned. He was probably the only male (other than her brother) that she felt extremely comfortable around before U.A. and he was the only person she'd confide her secrets and doubts to.

So when she realised that both Killua and Alluka were missing, it wasn't a surprise to him when her Quirk started acting up, her bloodlust leaking in vast amounts and terrifying her classmates and Melissa. His eyes glowed a golden-yellow, reactivating his Quirk and muttering inaudible words under his breath, though they could make out 'calm down' and 'they'll be fine'; he wasn't sure, however, who he was trying to convince more.

"Rie," he stated finally, calmly gazing at her. She clenched her fist, relaxing it as she exhaled, calming down and shutting off her bloodlust.

"I'm fine," she muttered, turning back to her classmates and apologising for her outburst and suddenly realising that they had been running quite some time, "what's happening?"

"This way's blocked!" barked out Iida, skidding to a halt.

"Thank you, Captain Obvious," snorted Rie, going ignored and still jittery, anxious about her two cousins. The dual-Quirked boy shot her a side-glance.

"Worried about your cousins?" he read her thoughts, the girl letting out a low 'tch', turning away with a small pout. The boy's face remained passive, turning forward. "I don't know either of them very well... but you should be confident that they'll be fine."

"I-I'm not" she stammered, flushed, "i-is it really that obvious?"

"Yes," he stated bluntly, the teenager jolting as the group began to move through the door that had opened, quickly darting into the bushes to avoid being seen.

"We see you, brats," sneered an unfamiliar voice, "oi, shaddup and stop squirming!"

"Let me go, you bastard!" yelled a familiar voice. Eyes widening, Rie peered out from behind her hiding spot to see a growling Killua squirming in a man's grasp. She made to stand, Iida gently tugging on her dress and shooting her a warning glare.

"What are you doing?!" he hissed, "you're going to be seen!"

"Killua's been held hostage, I can't just leave him there!" she hissed, freezing as two small objects hit her back. Shocked, she turned to see Karma's outstretched arm and he motioned to the two objects he had just thrown across the bushes; a delighted smirk spread across her face as she recognised the two yo-yos that the boy had always used. She nodded, turning back to the mortified class representative. "I'll be fine, Iida. Trust me on this."

The boy wordlessly avoided her stern gaze.

She peeked back around the bushes to see Bakugo and Kirishima arguing - well, Bakugo was the one arguing, Kirishima was desperately trying to calm him down - as he sneered at the angered child.

"Hah? Aren't you that brat who was with the Sword Bastard?" he grinned, activating his Explosion Quirk, the girl slowly standing up with the yo-yos in hand. She slowly began to walk silently, creating multiple afterimages of her body through a varying cadence of steps. The two Villains' eyes widened bracing themselves for battle as she merely stopped in front of them, confusing them greatly until she clapped in front of his face. He stumbled back, the second Villain grunting and about to use his Quirk when she lasooed the yo-yo's, strangling him. Killua caught the other end, a dark look flashing over his face.

ɴᴀᴍᴇ: ᴋɪʟʟᴜᴀ ᴢᴏʟᴅʏᴄᴋ
ʀᴇʟᴀᴛɪᴏɴ ᴛᴏ ʀɪᴇ: ᴄᴏᴜsɪɴ
ǫᴜɪʀᴋ: sᴛᴀᴛɪᴄ
sᴛᴀᴛɪᴄ ᴀʟʟᴏᴡs ᴋɪʟʟᴜᴀ ᴛᴏ ʀᴇᴀᴄᴛ ᴀᴜᴛᴏᴍᴀᴛɪᴄᴀʟʟʏ ᴛᴏ ᴇxᴛᴇʀɴᴀʟ sᴛɪᴍᴜʟɪ. ʜᴇ ᴘʀᴏɢʀᴀᴍs ʜɪs ᴀᴜʀᴀ ᴛᴏ sᴇɴᴅ ᴀɴ ᴇʟᴇᴄᴛʀɪᴄ sɪɢɴᴀʟ ᴛᴏ ʜɪs ᴍᴜsᴄʟᴇs, ᴛʜᴜs ɢɪᴠɪɴɢ ʜɪᴍ ᴛʜᴇ ᴀᴅᴅɪᴛɪᴏɴᴀʟ ᴀʙɪʟɪᴛʏ ᴛᴏ ᴄᴏɴᴛʀᴏʟ ᴇʟᴇᴄᴛʀɪᴄɪᴛʏ. ʜɪs ᴀᴜʀᴀ ᴄᴀɴ ʙᴇ ʀᴇᴘʀᴏɢʀᴀᴍᴍᴇᴅ ᴛᴏ ʀᴇsᴘᴏɴᴅ ᴛᴏ ᴘʜʏsɪᴄᴀʟ ᴄᴏɴᴛᴀᴄᴛ, ᴍᴀʟᴇᴠᴏʟᴇɴᴛ ɪɴᴛᴇɴᴛ ᴏʀ sᴏᴍᴇᴏɴᴇ sᴛᴇᴘᴘɪɴɢ ɪɴ ᴀ ᴘʀᴇᴅᴇᴛᴇʀᴍɪɴᴇᴅ ᴀʀᴇᴀ. sᴛᴀᴛɪᴄ ᴀʟsᴏ ᴅʀᴀᴍᴀᴛɪᴄᴀʟʟʏ ʙᴏᴏsᴛs ᴋɪʟʟᴜᴀ's ʀᴇᴀᴄᴛɪᴏɴ ᴛɪᴍᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ᴄᴏɴsᴄɪᴏᴜs ᴄᴏɴᴛʀᴏʟ ᴏғ ʜɪs ᴍᴏᴠᴇᴍᴇɴᴛs, sᴘᴇᴄɪғɪᴄᴀʟʟʏ ʜɪs ʀᴜɴɴɪɴɢ sᴘᴇᴇᴅ ᴀɴᴅ ᴊᴜᴍᴘɪɴɢ ᴀʙɪʟɪᴛʏ. ʜᴇ ᴜsᴇs ʜɪs ʏᴏ-ʏᴏ's ᴛᴏ ᴄᴏɴᴛʀᴏʟ ᴀɴᴅ ᴄᴏɴᴅᴇɴsᴇ ʜɪs ᴘᴏᴡᴇʀ.

"Lightning Palm!" he grunted, the second Villain groaning in pain and the girl embracing her cousin tightly, breathing a sigh of relief before she suddenly remembered.

"Kil, where's Alluka?" she questioned. The boy squirmed uncomfortably, leaning in to whisper into her ear as she groaned, her head rolling back in annoyance. Her thoughts were soon interrupted, however, by a boisterous red-haired male who bounded up to her energetically.

"What was that technique, dude?!" beamed Kirishima, "that was so manly! Like, you just walked up to him and we couldn't even hear you! And then you just clapped like-bam!-and then he was knocked out!"

"T-thanks?"

"What's it called?!"

"U-uh... which technique?"

"Mm... both!" he grinned toothily after thinking momentarily.

"Well... I call the 'clap' the Stun Clap, it's an... um... it's a useful technique," she explained lamely, Killua snorting at her ridiculous explanation, "and me walking quietly is... I guess you can call it Rhythm Echo..."

Kirishima could only stare at her in awe, though his eyes quickly widened as he and her cousin yelled out and the girl felt a piece of metal collide sharply with the back of her head, dizziness taking over her as darkness enveloped her.