|88| Welcome Back, Heroes

"Welcome back, 1-A," Aizawa spoke, his hands stuffed into his pockets, gazing around at the students, "to U.A."

"Everyone was allowed to come, huh?" Hagakure sighed in relief, gazing around at her classmates, "it was pretty hard, I'll say..."

"Well, I guess that's a given..." Ojiro laughed awkwardly, eying her and Jiro, "after all, you two were the worst-injured out of all of us..."

Shoto's eyes narrowed, his heterochromatic orbs worriedly darting around.

"Oi, Half 'n' Half, quit darting your eyes around," hissed Bakugo.

"Where's Rie?"

The explosive male opened his mouth to respond, only to close it once again. Now that he mentioned it, where was the Sword Bastard Rie? He frowned, deep in thought as Todoroki spared him a concerned glance, facing forward once again as Aizawa continued.

"However, before I show you around your new dorms and let you unpack, there is something I need to bring up." The students' breaths halted as names tumbled out of his mouth. "Midoriya. Todoroki. Kirishima. Iida. Yaoyaorozu." The said students stiffened. "If I'm not mistaken, you five went out to save Bakugo and Rie that night. Am I wrong?"

There was silence as the other students gawked in disbelief.

"Yes, sir," Iida muttered finally.

"Your reactions tell me that you all knew about this.

Kaminari's eyes widened.

"S-speaking of Rie!" he called out, "did she..."

Aizawa paused, turning around slightly as his students anticipated his answer. Seeing their desperate faces, he heaved, gazing back forward.

"It took a while," he began, "but Rie is here."

A collective sigh of relief spread through the class as they visibly relaxed.

"So then, Aizawa, can we-" he continued hopefully.

"However," Aizawa cut him off curtly, "she does not want to speak to any of you for now."

Kaminari's face fell.

He inhaled deeply, exhaling.

"She will speak to you in her own time... when she's ready," he turned back around, "now then, look more lively."

How does he expect us to be lively after that?!

Bakugo tensed, sharing an uncomfortable glance with Kirishima and Iida. He certainly was no mind-reader, but he knew they were thinking the same thing:

Rie had suffered through the holidays.

And they weren't there for her when she needed it.