|100| Ultimate Moves

"Now, as I mentioned yesterday," Aizawa leaned over the podium, eying Rie who sat stoically in the back, "our first objective will be earning Provisional Licenses for you all."

"Yes, sir!"

"A Hero License, in its essence, grants you permission to directly intervene when people's lives are at stake. Saying this, this qualification carries an immense weight; this goes without saying, but the examination required to acquire one is extremely strict. Sure, it's a provisional license, but having said that, the pass rate of this exam is less than five percent every year."

"It's that low?" murmured Yaoyorozu.

"Which is why," Aizawa signalled for the door to be opened, as the class turned to the door, "starting from today, we'll have each of you come up with at least two of your very own Special Moves."

Ectoplasm, Cementoss and Midnight emerged, glancing around at the determined students.

"Special, huh?" mused Ectoplasm, "in other words, these techniques will grant you assured victory."

"Sounds too good to be true," frowned the female, muttering quietly to herself in the back; Aizawa eyed her yet didn't say anything.

"These techniques must be deeply ingrained into who you are," began Cementoss, "in other words, techniques that do not satisfy that requirement will not be allowed. To battle means to leverage one's unique strengths."

"We'll go through the rest of the information down at Gym Gamma," announced Aizawa, leaning over the podium, pushing the button as the Hero Costumes emerged on shelves, "get changed and meet us down there in five minutes."

"Yes, sir!"

And with that, the class headed down to the changing rooms, emerging in their Hero Costumes and awaiting instructions.

"This facility is of my own designing," Cementos stated once all the students had arrived, bending down and activating his Quirk, "here, I am able to prepare terrains and training objects personalised for each and every one of you students. Hence, Gym Gamma is more commonly known as Dreamland."

"Nice," whistled Kaminari.

"If I could ask a question!" Iida suddenly called out, his arm stiffly in the air, "why are Special Moves necessary to obtain a Provisional License?! Please illuminate us with that context, sir!"

Illuminate...

"Calm down, we're getting there," sighed Aizawa, adjusting his scarf, "incidents such as accidents, disasters and human calamities... the job of a Pro is to rescue people from all types of trouble; naturally, the exam for the license is designed to measure that aptitude. Information gathering, judgement, mobility and fighting ability-"

"And in addition, communication ability, charm and leadership," added Midnight, "every year, the exam content changes to test these different aptitudes. However, among them, fighting ability is a heavily-weighted consideration for Heroes. Naturally, being well-prepared means no worries. Having these techniques in your arsenal will greatly affect your chances of success."

"If instead of being controlled by the situation, you are able to bring stability to the situation, that is the mark of a Hero's true fighting ability," hummed Cementoss, standing, "not all special moves are for offensive purposes, either."

"For instance, Iida's Recipro Burst," began Ectoplasm, the said male perking up, "to be able to move at speeds blisteringly fast for short bursts of time, that's already an impressive ability worthy of being called a special move."

"You'd... really call that a special move?" muttered Iida, "I see... so it's really about drawing from your natural strengths to create something that'll give you a leg up."