|62| Poison Dart: Origins {The Gardening Girl}

"The garden looks really pretty..." mumbled Rie, eyeing the said area of their elementary. She let out a small squeak as someone jumped on her back, grumbling to face her blonde friend who grinned cheekily.

"Did I scare ya?"

"Yes, you did," she pouted, shoving the female off as she mirrored her expression. The blonde swivelled her head around, agreeing with the former's first statement.

"Wonder who did this, our gardeners are crap."

"Himiko!"

"It's the truth!" she argued, her foot forcibly colliding with the floor, "the other day the bushes were designed weirdly! They weren't cute at all!"

The girl sighed, question their friendship as the now third-year students walked towards their classroom.

"Welcome back to school," droned their teacher, "hope you all had a nice holiday... let's get the lesson started..."

It was boring.

The teacher didn't make anything interesting, only continuing to monotonously explain each concept that they learned. Looking around, Rie could see that her classmates shared identical thoughts to hers: this is going to be a horrible year, I'm about to fall asleep.

The door burst open.

"Sorry I'm late, sir!" the intruder apologised with a heavy, foreign accent.

"Oh, you're the new student," he recognised.

"I'm Ainu Danuja," she introduced with a heavy accent, "I just came this year, from America, 'n' I've got a gardenin' Quirk too!"

She had dark-green hair that flowed down past her ankles and almost onto the floor if it weren't for her braided hair, with flowers embedded into it. She had small, pale and delicate hands that seemed to grip the air around her and forming flowers everywhere, the girl groaning and hitting her head on the desk.

"Hey, she's kinda cute, don't you think?" whispered Himiko excitedly, "hey, Rie, isn't she cute?"

"Yeah, sure," she groaned, "I hate her peppery little attitude, it annoys me."

She wasn't prepared for their teacher's next sentence.

"Welcome to our class. Now... sit next to Rie and Himiko."

~TIMESKIP~

"How am I friends with extroverted people?"

"Have you ever heard that 'opposites attract', Riri?" tutted Ainu, shaking her head in disappointment, "honestly, I would've thought better from the smartest girl in our class."

"I-what?" she blinked, "I-I'm not the-"

"Puh-lease," she rolled her eyes, "you got top marks in the grade!"

"I... I did?" her voice was quiet.

"Yeah!" piped in Himiko, the girl muttering inaudibly to herself, "anyway, you're really shy and quiet, so I think it's our job as extroverts to boost your confidence and transform you into an extrovert!"

"Yeah!"

"It's nobody's job," she dismissed, "and being extroverted sounds annoying and tiring, so I'll pass. Thanks for the offer, though."

"Aww, man..." pouted the blonde, "oh, by the way, you should become our new school gardener, Ainu!"

"Eh, me?" she pointed to herself as the girls nodded enthusiastically.

"Our gardeners are crap!" beamed the girl.

"Himiko!"

"It's the truth!"

"But you can't just say it aloud! What if they're listening in?!"

"They're not!"

"How do you know tha-you know what, I've given up with you."

"Ehh?" she whined, watching as the girl strode forward, arms outstretched childishly, "no, Riri, come back!"

She obliged, apologising as the girls made up.

"You're both great people, ya know?" she grinned, slinging an arm around each of the girl's shoulders, "look forward to spending the rest of my time here with you two!"

Little did the trio know, Ainu wouldn't be around for much longer.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N
Sorry this was kinda short,
it was a bit of a filler chapter
The next one might also be
a bit short, so just a heads-up
for that