|106| Playing The Waiting Game

There's already so many people here...

The doors opened, the assassin entering the waiting room and glancing around to find any familiar faces.

"Really?! I love Stampman too!" a loud voice exclaimed, "he's a super passionate Hero!"

The assassin turned to face Inasa talking to an out-of-place boy in an orange tiger-like suit.

Huh... no one from the class... she succeeded, though her heart fell as she locked eyes with a figure in the back.

He wore a dark-blue outfit with elbow-length sleeves, reaching up to his collar and joined by a grey neckpiece, with baggy pants of the same colour and white boots. A brown utility belt coiled around his waist, small capsules hanging from it.

She coughed, turning and walking to the drinks station, her eyes downcast as she tried to pry his mind away from him.

She wasn't sure how long had passed, but a familiar voice rang out through the room.

"Todoroki, you passed!"

"As expected of one of our top students," beamed Yaoyorozu.

"What about the others?"

"The only other person here is Rie," he stated quietly.

"She is?" Tsuyu cocked her head curiously, gazing around curiously and spotting her, "there she is, over there!"

"Rie!"

Todoroki watched, frowning as they jogged off to talk to the female.

"30 students remain!"

Ten minutes later-

"You're all here!" the vice president sighed, relieved as a group of students flooded in. The assassin turned to face Bakugo, Kaminari and Kirishima, with Midoriya, Sero and Uraraka trailing behind them.

"I would've thought Bakugo would've already been here..." admitted Jiro, stealing a side-glance at the explosive blonde, "but seeing as you were with him, Kaminari, I guess it makes sense..."

"Why'd you gotta be so mean?!"

"That makes 12 more from our class, huh..." muttered Rie, exhaling, "man, I hope we can all make it..."

"18 more students!"

"10 more students!"

"Oh, the 8 were from my class!" Joke grinned.

10 more students, huh... murmured the homeroom teacher

"8 more students!"

"6 more! In the final minutes, U.A. came together and banded against the other schools!"

There were that many of you left?!

"3 more!"

"2 more!"

The students held their breaths.

"100 people! The spots have all been filled up!"

Aizawa scowled, impatient.

"You made me all nervous... once we get back, we'll have to train you harder," his eyes narrowed, Irina sweat-dropping.

"You're happy, aren't you? Act like it!"

"I"m mad."

"You're relieved."

"Partially."

"You hesitated!"

"I did not."