|15| Her Target

The girl had fun in the commentator's section, she wasn't going to lie. Eraser Head bit her ear off as she secretly headed to her class stands, but he eventually calmed down once she informed him that Recovery Girl told her that her wounds would heal as long as she didn't overexert herself by using her Quirk too much. Present Mic called her 'Riri' far too often for the girl's liking and she was pretty sure she was going to go deaf by the end of the day... if not for Aizawa's Erasure Quirk, but she knew she couldn't rely on his Quirk too much, what with the aftereffects.

"Well, congrats on you guys for making it into the second round!" she beamed, walking to the door as a cough caused her to turn around. She raised a brow to see Todoroki staring directly at her, though he was quick to send a dark glare in her direction, the girl perplexed as she sighed. "Good luck in the second round, you guys!"

The students grinned back - albeit nervously - as they watched the girl hum and wander back to her class stands, making small talk with her classmates before it was announced for the second round to begin, sparking her interest. She waved farewell, making her way back into the commentator's room, enjoying the battles between her classmates and the first battle especially:

"Todoroki vs Midoriya, huh? This should be interesting..." she hummed, leaning forward in her chair as she watched the pair battle it out, both teachers commentating equally well, though the girl couldn't help but notice the boy's constant shivering. She hummed, muttering incohesive sentences to herself as Midoriya seemed to say something, though they couldn't hear it from up there, the heterochromatic-eyed boy seemed to be deeply affected by it, as he continued yelling at the green-haired boy to 'shut up' before his left side burst into flames, startling the trio as her jaw dropped.

"Todoroki... what happened to never using your left side? Not that I'm complaining... but wow, this is really hot-"

"THINGS ARE STARTING TO HEAT UP OVER HERE, YOU COULD CUT THE TENSION WITH A KNIFE!"

"Alright, that's enough outta you," snapped the man, giving his coworker a side-glare as he stole a glance at the girl, who was staring down at the arena in worry.

"If they continue, they're both going to injure themselves badly and destroy the arena," muttered the girl, both teachers murmuring an agreement as they watched the boys ready themselves to attack one another with all they had, a blinding flash filling the stadium as the girl grunted, shielding her eyes. The flash faded away, dust clouding the auditorium as both Cementoss and Midnight held their throbbing heads in pain, coughing as they cleared the dust away. Taken aback, they noticed a boy outside the ring, who fell to the ground in exhaustion. The dust fully cleared to reveal a heavily panting Todoroki whose shirt was half-burnt off, scratches and bruises painting his body. Midnight beamed widely.

"Todoroki advances to the next round!"

The amphitheatre trembled violently with loud cheers, the girl breathing a sigh of relief as both teachers stared down at the stage.

"Uh... WE WILL NOW HAVE AN INTERVAL BREAK WHILE THE STAGE IS BEING REMODELLED!" announced the blonde energetically, the girl stretching as she yawned openly, a deep frown adorning her feminine features

"I'm going to go check on them," she sighed, standing up as the teachers nodded, following her outside as she wandered through the corridor and eventually found herself outside the hospital wing.

"Hey," she greeted, walking into the room as Todoroki stared up at the girl, "how are you feeling?"

"Horrible," he groaned, staring down at his left hand, holding it up to his scar shakily, "I can't believe I just did that..."

"To be honest, we were all surprised," she agreed, sliding down into the chair, Recovery Girl stealing a glance at them with a small smile, "but... at least you're in the finals."

"Yeah..." his voice was distant and the girl thought she heard his voice crack near the end, though she couldn't be too sure. She gave him a soft smile, standing up as she handed him a glass of water, lightly disinfecting his wounds with a slight bit of pink on her face, much to the victor's confusion. "Do you have a fever?"

"E-eh?" it slightly worsened as he placed a hand on her forehead, attempting to cool her down as he hummed.

"Your face is red."

"I-is it?"

Recovery Girl sent the blushing mess a sly smirk before shooing her out, the girl pouting slightly as she gazed out the window, wondering how the third-years were faring in their matches-

"Oh, Rie! Are you alright, your face is red," Hagakure questioned, leaning in closer as the girl blinked, cursing internally.

Curse that Todoroki!

She waved it off, claiming she was slightly hot in her bandages, the invisible girl not pressing the matter further, the girl heaving a sigh of relief. The girl continued to gaze back at the girl as she walked towards the commentator's room, too distracted to notice a red-haired male heading her way, accidentally bumping into him.

"Oh, I'm so sor-" she gazed up, apologising to the man she had bumped into, only to be met with a disparaging glare. She stared up at him, noting how flames crackled across his body, his arms crossed. His navy blue suit stretched across his body as he narrowed his eyes. "You're... Endeavor, right?"

"Hmph... and you're the assassin they call Poison Dart."

Her eye twitched, not beginning to like the man one bit, despite him being Todoroki's father.

"You may want to lower your voice, sir," she gritted her teeth, her eyes darting around to make sure none of the passing Pro Heroes could hear, though she knew that many of them were already aware of her Villainous upbringing.

"Shoto has informed me about you, and I know you've been lying to him." She remained quiet, observing him. He stood in a stance that almost made the girl wonder why he thought he was so much better than everybody else, but she remembered Todoroki informing her about his past, and decided against it. "You have a good Quirk... if only you weren't such a Villain, then maybe I'd ask you to be Shoto's future wife."

Future... wife?

Her confusion seemed to show on her face, but recognition quickly dawned on her as her perplexed frown gradually faded into that of an almost nauseated glower. She gave him a mortified glance, pushing past him as his gaze continued to trail after the girl, who was storming down the corridor and back into the commentator's room, slamming the door behind her - harsher than she had intended. Both teachers started, gazing behind them to see the disgruntled girl walking in with a small pout visible. They gazed at each other, not daring to question her what the matter was.

"You took your time," noted Present Mic as she sat back in her chair, huffing as a visible scowl painted across her features.

"I ran into Endeavor," she grumbled, the man grinning, "I don't like him."

"Yeah, neither do I," he agreed, "he's too straight-laced."

"That's... not why I don't like him..." she muttered to herself, snapping out of her trance as her phone rang. Aizawa gave her a side-glance, raising a brow but decided not to press the matter further. She fished her phone out of her pocket and held it to her ear, waiting for the response.

"Hello?"

"Poison Dart, you have a new target."

Shivers ran down her spine as her face paled slightly, both teachers noticing as they gave her questioning gazes. She swallowed the lump that had formed in her throat, ignoring both of them as she stood up and walked to the corner of the room, speaking quietly as to not interrupt the matches, her eyes peeled to the stage below as the teachers crowded around the stage, fixing it with Cementoss' help. She nodded, waiting for the answer.

"Who is it?"

"Tensei Iida, who has the Hero Name of Ingenium."