|Todoroki Birthday Special| The Runaway Prince and His Fugitive

Ok so I'm an idiot and forgot that Todoroki's birthday was on the 11th, but here we are a week later with a surprisingly alright birthday special...

~ON WITH THE SPECIAL!!~

"Your Majesty... you've been staring outside for quite a while..." a green-haired male muttered, peering at the male out of the corner of his eye, "is everything... alright?"

The male remained silent, his heterochromatic eyes continuing to stare outside, a hand over his left eye where an ugly scar covered his skin. He let out a low sigh, reaching out to close the windows, drawing the curtains shut as he spared the sunset one final glance.

"Everything is fine," he smiled slightly, "apologies if I worried you, Midoriya." The boy brushed it off with a small smile, waving his hand in front of his face to display that it was alright. He lowered his hand back to his side.

"It's almost time for you to get ready to sleep, Your Majesty," he informed.

"I'm well aware," he bowed his head slightly in thanks, "thank you, Midoriya."

"You're welcome," he bowed in return, helping the prince change. He didn't miss the blank expression that crossed over his face multiple times, only to change back into his usual stoic expression, a tight smile emerging every now and then.

"Night, Prince Shoto," Midoriya bowed again, closing the door behind him. There was silence in the room for a few moments, the male sneaking a glance at his window. A soft smile crossed over his face as the window creaked open, a shadow emerging from behind the curtains.

"Is it safe?" a voice whispered, the curtains billowing.

"Yeah, Midoriya's gone," he affirmed. He heard shuffling from behind the curtain, followed by the creaking of the window. A figure emerged from behind the curtains, letting the moonlight shine through the male's room.

"Aww, geez... are you sure nobody knows about this?" the figure whispered, straightening up and flashing the royal prince a tired smile, "I mean... it's been three years already, Shoto..."

"It's fine, Rie," he assured, "nobody knows about these meetings of ours."

"What about our relationship, Shoto? You know I'm a wanted fugitive and if word got out about our-"

"That doesn't matter, Rie," he stated quietly, staring at the female as his heterochromatic eyes glinted dangerously, "I'll immediately arrest anyone who tries to hurt you or get in the way of us."

"Shoto... you do know that I'm an assassin... right?"

"I know and I don't care," he hummed, "sure, the first time we met was you trying to kill me-"

"I apologised," she muttered curtly.

"-but... I... nobody knows about this, so please don't tell anyone..." he pleaded, shocking the assassin as she nodded uncertainly, "I... don't want to become the next King."

Rie, who had been closely observing his curtains and wondering why a spider had suddenly become his new roommate, let out a small squeak as she turned around, a horrified expression on her face.

"W-what?" she spluttered, "b-but, Shoto, you're next-in-line-"

"That doesn't matter to me," he interrupted curtly.

"B-but-"

"Is there anything wrong with wanting to spend the rest of my life with the person I love?"

Her breath hitched as he took a step closer to her with every word; the girl opened her mouth to respond, ignoring how her heart thudded violently against her chest.

"No... there's nothing wrong with that..." she reluctantly gave in, "and besides, I already snuck past the guards once, I-Shoto, what are you doing?"

Her eyes travelled to the male who was hunched over and tossing miscellaneous items into a bag, the female sweat-dropping.

"Packing," came his simple reply.

"I-I can see that, but-"

Footsteps thundered through the corridor, interrupting their moment as their heads swivelled to the door, eyes wide. The male groaned, shooting her an exasperated glance.

"What did you do, Rie?" She sweat-dropped at his dark tone, placing two hands up in surrender as she hurriedly tried to defend herself.

"Wh-I didn't do anything!"

"We have received word of Crimson Death arriving in the castle!"

"Shoto, do you trust me?" she asked suddenly.

"I-what?" he snapped his head towards her, his heart pounding.

"I said-"

"Your Majesty, open the door!" incessant bangs rapped on the door.

"Do you trust me?!" she repeated, earnestly gazing into his eyes.

"Of course, I do!" despite his statement, he couldn't stop the slight waver in his voice.

"Great! Then down we go!"

"Huh?!"

He didn't know why he jumped with her, or what she had in store for the pair.  They landed on the roof of the stable, quietly running along the roof and the female swung down, placing a finger to her lips, Shoto watching with a perplexed expression. She smiled, emerging with a white stallion, bathing in the prince's mortified expression.

"Rie, what are you-"

"You wanna run away, right?"

"I-yes, but-"

"What better way than horseback?" she snickered, the boy's mouth opening and closing like a fish in water before giving in, jumping down with a heavy sigh, knowing that even if he tried to convince her otherwise, there would be no use. "Let's go~"

"Do you even know where we're going?" the boy asked her, amused, as she took the reins. He took her long silence as a 'no', the male stifling a chuckle as the assassin pouted.

"Are you sure about this?" she avoided the question, turning back to face him slightly. Judging by the way his grip around her waist tightened, she assumed he was terrified, though she admired his courage to be able to run away...

From home.

From responsibilites.

From family.

From your childhood.

All for the person you love.

"I'm sure," he released a shaky breath, repeating it again with a more steady tone, "I'm sure. I want to spend the rest of my life with you."

"I-huh?" this took her by shock, yet the female continued to let the stallion gallop.

"Just you and me, Rie," his eyes shone with mischief and determination, the female gazing back at him with a perplexed expression.

"A runaway prince and his fugitive."