|83| A Rather Awkward Dinner

"Please, have a seat, sir," hummed Reyna, pulling out a chair for Aizawa. He eyed the room, murmuring a small 'thanks' which she brushed off, going to her own seat as she watched the servants line up against the wall, silently awaiting their orders. "Now that Rie is with us, why don't we start?"

Aizawa stole a side-glance at Rie, who looked as if she'd rather be anywhere but here.

He exhaled.

"I assume you received the letter about U.A. becoming a boarding school due to..." he hesitated, "villainous activity."

"Ah, yes, about that," interrupted Ichiro, "she's not going to U.A. anymore. We're pulling her out."

Underneath the table, Rie's fists clenched, biting her lip as her hair fell over her face.

"I... see," Eraser's eyes narrowed, "care to explain why?"

"Why?" echoed the Villain incredulously, "because U.A.'s a Hero school, we can't have"

"Stachel-"

"Once again, I ask you, who is this Stachel you're going on about?"

He heaved, struggling to keep his patience in check.

"Stachel is the Hero Name that Rie has chosen for herself," he informed.

Ba-dump.

Ba-dump.

Ba-dump.

"Rie?"

Ba-dump.

Ba-dump.

Ba-dump.

"Is this true?"

She shifted uncomfortably in her seat as her homeroom teacher eyed her.

Rie was neither quiet nor loud, she could choose to be either at all times. When she was loud, she expressed herself clearly, whether it be overdramatically or. However, he found that she was quieter than usual instead of her usual self - something which he had noticed over the course of the first term. She was sarcastic, blunt, and cold-hearted to those who hurt her or her friends.

His eyes softened slightly.

Ichiro took a bite, scowling.

"It's cold. Warm it," ordered Ichiro, the assistant cook nodding stiffly and collecting their plates, Aizawa blinking before handing it back to him with a bewildered expression. He reached for Rie's plate, though the female gently held a hand out, gazing at him with earnest eyes.

"Maehara, it's fine, you don't have to-"

"Rie."

She shut her mouth, unwillingly letting the chef take her plate away and heading back to the kitchen.

Aizawa sighed.

This family was difficult.

"Haven't you asked Rie what she thinks?" he tried again

"Ah, but she's just a teenager," sighed the female, placing a hand to her face, "she doesn't understand these sorts of things, she's far too young..."

"She's... sixteen..." he eyed the female who nodded meekly.

"So? She's far too inexperienced, she doesn't understand that we are her loving parents who want the best for her."

'Loving parents', huh?

"Father, I-"

"Hush, now, Rie, the adults are talking," her mother's eyes glowed, the teenager falling silent and sighing. Reyna gazed back at a silently furious Aizawa, though whether she could tell, he didn't know. She perked up, humming as she turned, eyes gleaming.

"Itona."

The said boy flinched.

"Yes, ma'am?"

"Give it to me."

The boy hesitated momentarily, not fully understanding what the woman wanted, his shoulders falling as he handed a familiar object to the female.

Rie's face fell, her breath hitching as her shoulders tensed.

"When?" her mother's voice was oddly sweet, sickening.

"I..." she swallowed, "don't know what you mean..."

"This feather," Reyna snapped, "this belongs to the Winged Hero: Hawks, does it not?"

She was silent.

"Yeah..." her voice was quiet.

"Yes, ma'am."

"Yes, ma'am."

"Now... what is the first rule of our manor... Stachel?"

"Heroes aren't allowed to step foot into our manor," she fiddled with her fingers, her heart-rate increasing as her father nodded.

"Good. It seems we've drilled that into your head for long enough," he stated monotonously, summoning a gun and pulling the trigger, a startled yelp exiting the female's mouth as Aizawa stood suddenly, his chair scraping across the ground as red pooled over the ground.

"ITONA!"

"Ah," Ichiro flashed her a warning glare, the female letting a low growl escape her throat as Aizawa eyed her carefully, immediately going over to her and shielding her, keeping an eye on the heavily-bleeding male. Her eyes flashed, though she stayed in her spot, silently summoning a dagger. Her grip tightened as Aizawa inhaled, watching as she shifted uncomfortably.

"I won't repeat myself. Rie has potential to become a Hero, and living here is dangerous for her, the servants, and her-" he faltered.

"Cousins," she whispered.

"Cousins," he finished, "it's a toxic environment, and Rie - and the rest of them - need to be moved out immediately."

"Eraser Head, I don't think you-" snarled Ichiro, trying to summon a gun only for it to disappear, the male turning towards the Hero incredulously.

"We can do this the easy way, or the hard way," his voice was dark, his hand gripping his Capture Weapon as his eyes glowed a scarlet red, "it's your choice."

He snarled.

"We have authorities outside," Aizawa continued, creaking the door open to reveal the armed police, watching as Rie's neutral expression morphed into an aghast one. He gazed at the Villains with a dangerous gleam in his eyes.

"Ichiro Hassake, Reyna Hassake, Illumi Zoldyck, you are under arrest."