|20| Discussing Internships

"So where are you guys interning?" piped the girl, sliding down into her seat next to Iida as he chopped the air, his glasses reflecting the light from above.

"The Normal Hero: Manual, he's in Hosu," Iida's hair covered his face as the girl narrowed her eyes slightly.

Hosu... I'm pretty sure that Iida got other recommendations from other Pro Heroes but... she shook the thoughts out of her head, ridding herself of negative thoughts, though she couldn't help the nagging that prodded the back of her mind, hang on... Hosu is the place where Stain and I-

"The Martial Arts Hero: Gunhead!" announced Uraraka brightly, bringing, the group blinking in surprise; she lowered her pumped fist slowly, "what?"

"That... doesn't exactly sound like something you'd do," murmured the green-haired boy, "b-but it's a great choice!"

"That aside, why Gunhead? His style doesn't exactly match yours," noted the assassin, leaning forward as she supported her chin on her hand.

"Fighting Bakugo made me realise that I wanted to get stronger, looking at things from a different point will help me in the future, don't you guys think?" she beamed, clenching her fists and punching the air as if she was punching a bag, "what about you, Rie?"

"Huh? Oh, I'm interning with Edgeshot."

Midoriya spat out his drink, his friends sweat-dropping, alarmed.

"EH?! Really?" She nodded slowly, unsure of what to make of his reaction. He went on a subconscious rant, his friends sighing and Iida muttering that it was a talent, the boy suddenly realising what he was doing. "Well, that aside..."

He looked at the dual-haired boy who gazed up as he was eating his soba.

"What about you, Todoroki?"

There was silence as the boy gazed at his sheet, picking up his pen and circling an Agency; the assassin peeked over his shoulder, blinking.

"You're interning with your father?"

~TIMESKIP~

A heavy sigh escaped her lips as she slid into the seat beside the blonde boy, who gazed up at her with a quizzical expression adorning his somewhat childlike features. Not too long after, both Nejire and Tamaki took their seats. Another sigh followed, Nejire gazing up at her as her curiosity piqued.

"Mmph! 'ere 'ere you 'o'ay?" whined the girl, wrapping her arms around the girl as she blinked rapidly, translating her words in her mind ("Where were you today?").

"Huh? Oh, I'll be officially joining your class after the Internships..."

She sighed again.

"You're sighing a lot today, did something happen?" The girl scrunched her nose ("Finish your food before speaking"), the boy forcefully swallowing it down as he coughed, the purple-haired girl patting her back as the trio gazed at her expectantly. She pulled out the sheet from her bag and showed it to the group, the girl's eyes shining in excitement. "Ooh, the internships!"

"Holy crap... you got 6,309 requests from Pro Heroes?!" whisper-yelled Mirio, his eyes widening significantly as Nejire's jaw dropped in surprise, snatching it from her.

"No way! But you didn't even participate!"

"Y-yeah..." the girl scratched the back of her neck awkwardly, not exactly willing to explain what the issue was.

"So... w-who are you thinking of going with?" muttered Amajiki, indigo eyes scanning over it as he handed it back to the girl placed it in front of her.

"That's the thing... I'm thinking of interning under Edgeshot," she sighed, sliding it to Mirio, whose blue eyes scanned the sheet, letting out a low whistle.

"Man... I remember doing this for the first time," he recalled.

"Who are you guys interning under?" she questioned out of curiosity. The three of them - well, the two more energetic out of the three - beamed at her, the blonde flexing as his hand formed a fist, the girl bouncing up and down eagerly as Amajiki merely hung his head, groaning. The girl lightly kicked his shin under the table as to not let him bash his head onto the table or wall or whatever surface he was looking for.

"Ryukyu!" beamed the girl.

"Sir Nighteye!" smirked Mirio, his smile never leaving his face.

"Fat Gum..." the boy winced slightly, giving a small glare to the girl who smiled innocently.

"Oh, by the way, what's your Hero Name?" Nejire probed inquisitively, cocking her head.

"The Bladed Hero: Stachel," came her response.

"A satchel? Why's your Hero Name a bag?"

"Stachel, it's German for 'thorn'," she corrected, leaning back in her seat.

"A-a thorn?"

"We all have our petals, that is, our good qualities... but what about our bad side that we don't want anyone to see?" The trio fell silent, humming as identical thinking faces faded onto their features, the 'transfer' girl staring at the trio silently. "Anyway... Snipe told me that I'd be joining the third-year classes officially after the internships are over... looking forward to it."

"You sound so unenthusiastic," pouted Nejire.

"Yeah! Liven up, Satchel!"

"I-I'm not a bag, Mirio."