|22| The Flame Hero, Endeavor

"You don't look too happy to be here," noted Edgeshot, the girl grumbling as she stared at the skyscraper.

"I don't like Endeavor..."

"And why is that?" he questioned, the duo entering the building, "Edgeshot with his intern, Stachel. Endeavor should have received my message."

"He'll be down in a moment, sir," the woman stated, the Number 5 Hero turning back to her to hear her answer.

"Can I just not like someone without a reason?"

Edgeshot sweat-dropped.

"Not exactly, but you must remember, Rie-"

"Edgeshot. I got your message." The pair turned to the stairs to face the Flaming Hero in his ablaze glory. His turquoise eyes travelled to the slightly sceptical girl as she stared back at him, a hint of distaste shining through. "And..." his eyes narrowed, "Stachel."

"Nice to see you too, Endeavor," she muttered, though her voice quickly brightened up as she spotted his intern behind him, "Todoroki!"

"Rie," he acknowledged, slightly surprised to see her there, "what are you doing here?"

"Not entirely sure, Edgeshot said he had some business with Endeavor and he wanted me to tag along," the girl muttered, turning to the Pro Heroes who were discussing a subject in low voices, "so how have things been with him?"

"Mainly just training," he scowled, not looking too happy, "you?"

"Yeah... for me, Edgeshot's just been teaching me how to calm my nerves..."

"What are you two standing around for, let's go!" ordered Endeavor. The U.A. students gave him a slightly confused gaze, though neither Hero responded. They nodded at one another and followed the Flame and Ninja Heroes onto the train.

"So, Stachel..." began Edgeshot, murmuring to her to not let the father or son hear, "why do you hate Endeavor?"

"You're not going to stop asking me until I answer, huh?" she sweat-dropped, turning to him. He gave her a solemn stare. Her shoulders slumped, staring outside. "He may or may not have suggested I have a Quirk Marriage."

"With?" in all honesty, the grey-haired Hero wasn't shocked.

"Him," she motioned her hand to her classmate. He turned incredulously.

"He suggested what?!"

"T-Todoroki, you're on fire..."

He grumbled, putting out his flames and turning back around with a huff, ignoring his father.

"So where are we going?" asked Todoroki again after some silence.

"Hosu," the Number 2 Hero stated shortly.

"It's where we think the Hero Killer may appear again," Edgeshot continued.

The girl choked on thin air.

The Hero Killer in Hosu?! But that's where Iida's interning... oh man, this is going to be really bad... he's definitely going to get revenge... argh, I should be lucky that Iida already forgave me... right? God, what if that was just a facade and he was looking to get revenge on me too?

"You're thinking too much," Edgeshot hummed, the girl pouting. The train suddenly halted, the four lurching forward.

"What's the big deal?!" roared Endeavor.

A policeman hurried up to the train carriage.

"We've got trouble; there's a fire and strange creatures roaming about!"

"A fire, huh?" Endeavor's lips curled into a wide sneer, "let's go!"

"Endeavor, shouldn't w-"

"We're Heroes, Dart," he glared back at her, the girl irking at the use of her Villain name. The boy shot her a confused glance, which she waved off as they sprinted down the stairs and onto the main path. "It's our job to save people... unlike you..."

"You-"

"Stachel, calm down," muttered Edgeshot, narrowing his eyes as he spied an old man in a yellow jumpsuit fighting two strange creatures. Their eyes widened in remembrance.

"Why are there Nomu here?" she muttered.

"You've encountered them?" Endeavor raised a brow.

"I... they crushed my ribs and almost pierced my lungs."

Shoto stared forward, not wanting to be reminded of the girl's almost-fatal injury.

Endeavor snorted, rolling his eyes.

Edgeshot spared her a concerned glance.

"Are you going to be alright?"

"As long as I don't overuse my Quirk, I should be fine... according to Recovery Girl," she relayed, the Ninja Hero nodding. He thinned himself, cutting off one's bloodflow and Endeavor shooting a ball of flame to the other. The man skidded to a halt midair.

"We were looking for the Hero Killer and these guys just had to show up," growled Endeavor, walking forward and increasing the flame's temperature, "I don't know who you are, honoured elder-"

The teenagers snorted, silencing immediately as he shot them a glare.

"But leave the rest to us," he confirmed.

"You're..." the man murmured in recognition before an explosion sounded in the distance. Simultaneously, the pair's phones vibrated. Frowning slightly, they checked the notification to see a map on the Class 1-A Group Chat, a map.

"Did you get..."

"Yeah..." Todoroki stared at it for a while longer, muttering to himself momentarily before staring up at the Heroes in front of him, "you guys go on ahead!"

"Shoto?" his father turned.

"An alleyway at 4-2-10 Ekou Street," the girl called back, "if you finish what you're doing or find any free Pros, send them there."

"Let's go, Todoroki," she nodded, the pair telling them the location and rushing away from their location before the Heroes could question their interns.

"Why is he such an idiot?!" she whisper-yelled, jumping from building to building, "he's letting his emotions cloud his vision!"

"I understand you're mad but we need to remain calm and get to them as fast as possible," he stated, the girl cursing internally. She held a hand out, motioning for the boy

"There!" she observed, watching as the Hero Killer raised his dagger above Iida's face. He closed his tightly, shaking as she summoned her rifle. Todoroki readied his flames, flinching slightly as a loud BANG! shot from the girl's rifle, the bullet speeding through the air as Todoroki tailed it with his flames.

"They just keep on coming, don't they..." Stain snarled, jumping back to avoid the shot, his eyes widening in delight as he recognised one of the newcomers. She gritted her teeth as she jumped down behind her classmate. His lips curled upwards into a sneer.

"Well, well, well... what do we have here?"