Chapter Sixty Seven

Message me for the discord link! Early access to ideas and thoughts before Chapters are published.

)(-)(-)(-)(-)(-)(-)(

Rebekah stood in a tight fitting two piece, black and green in colour, by the rest of the Champions wearing similar things on the bank of the lake. Though, Fleur wore a powder blue one piece instead of a two piece like her. Both Witches had their hair pulled back into low ponytails.

Each of them had their wands tucked into small harnesses. While both males decided to have theirs on their left calf, and Fleur chose hers to be on her thigh, Rebekah opted for the one that would attach to the side of her waist. Each were provided with knives to attach to their harnesses but Rebekah took her butterfly blade from Sirius.

Each head of the schools stood behind their members, so Rebekah and Cedric were the two to the right of the group with Dumbledore behind them. Krum stood next to Cedric while Fleur finished it off.

Rebekah swallowed the potion after declaring it to the judges, and waited for the mark before all four of them sprinted into the water without a moment's break to think.

The water was icy before it started to warm her, heating filling her bloodstream as the potion began to change her. When she got to the point where the water was waist height, she dived because her lack of oxygen was severe. Gills ripped themselves into the sides of her throat and she blew out all of the air she held in her lungs as the water consumed her completely

With each kick against the water current to get her further into the deep darkness of the lake, her legs slowly merged and melded until they were one. With a set of chills, Rebekah could feel her skin change. Dark purple scales covered her shoulders and went down her sides and still covered her breasts completely. It faded out into normal skin at the biceps but her fingers were webbed and scaled in a dark grey colour.

This dark grey colour matched the killer whale tail she acquired and the dark fin on her back and the sides of her biceps. Below each elbow, the skin turned grey and eventually dark purple at the fingertips. She could feel her hair, now loose from the ponytail, swishing as she swam easily.

She loved the silence of the lake.

Even if she knew there was life within the lake, the sereness of the quiet waves brought something out in her. If she ran her tongue against her teeth, the prickles of sharp teeth would bite at her tongue.

For several minutes, Rebekah was lost and had no idea where to even start looking.

Why did she keep forgetting that she was not Human at the moment?

Rebekah paused her swimming, screamed verbally as she clutched her hands into her hair and pulled. She allowed her frustrations out before taking a deep breath and concentrating. Closing her eyes, she felt a sudden wave of chills as the water vibrated and she could almost feel the four bodies in the water several dozen metres away.

After a time, at least twenty minutes or so, Rebekah thought, she heard the Mersong and continued following it. She had half an hour left to find whatever she needed to before she lost it forever.

"… your time's half gone, so tarry not

Lest what you seek stays here to rot…"