Chapter One Hundred and Three

)(-)(-)(-)(-)(-)(-)(

"I don't know anything about Horcruxes and I wouldn't tell you if I did! Now get out of here at once and don't let me catch you mentioning them again!"

While Snape gave her a job to complete, Dumbledore gave her the task of getting a memory out of Slughorn.

It was after a potions class that she walked up to him, asking to speak to him in private. Emperor swayed under her feet, sitting there as she and Slughorn began to speak.

"Sir," Rebekah said. "Headmaster Dumbledore showed me this... memory of Tom Riddle asking you about Horcruxes. He said that you might've tampered with the memories but I don't quite believe him so I came to you to see the truth."

"I'm glad you did!" He boasted. "Sometimes that old man has peculiar stories to tell. I know of Horcruxes but all good Wizards should. They are disgusting things that will turn any good man astray. I don't think you'd want to know about them, Miss Potter, because you would make them."

"No, no," She laughed politely. "I like my soul in one piece. I know of them and how they break the soul. That's all I need to know. I'm not the type to... deal with darkness to get my way."

"Good, good,"

"Thank you, sir. I just needed to confirm what Dumbledore told me. He seems a little loopy recently, wouldn't you say?"

He smiled sheepishly, "I wouldn't want to speak ill of him but I can agree on that remark."

"Of course. My lips are sealed, sir. Good afternoon."

"Yes, good afternoon. Off to your next lesson before you're late," He shooed her away with a shake of the head.

Rebekah grinned, seeing her future self behind Slughorn, her wand pointed at his head as she pulled out a memory. It wasn't that difficult when you knew exactly what you needed to get.

The future one left first before she slowly left the room, Emperor curling around her as she said good evening.

)(-)(-)(-)(-)(-)(-)(

Apparition lessons were going well and all of her friends were excelling at it. It wasn't any concern for them to fail it but Rebekah was more concerned about Draco and the cabinet than anything else.

Days passed too quickly. It turned from January to February to March before Rebekah could even tell.

Rebekah watched Slughorn's memory herself, already knowing what had happened due to the little Riddle in her dreams. Of course, she didn't tell Dumbledore about it just yet. There was a plan in place and she needed to make sure it went well.

She had to check on the work on the cabinets, going into the Room of Requirement when she knew Draco would be working too. It wasn't often he worked, taking a night or two a week to do some finishing touches on it but kept it just broken enough that nothing could go through it yet.

There wasn't much he could do now, he said as he worked, but Rebekah was welcome to check it. He was glad there was very little to do for it to work, proud of his achievements, but he didn't want to think of what was going to happen at the end of the year.

He had a duty, to both his lady and the dark lord.

He already knew which one he would choose but he didn't want to hurt his family either.

He'd do his best to please both.

)(-)(-)(-)(-)(-)(-)(

Teddy Lupin-Black was born early in April, making Rebekah a Godmother by the time she returned to Hogwarts later that month.