Chapter Sixty Two

Chapter 63

)(-)(-)(-)(-)(-)(-)(

Rebekah was mortified enough to drop the glass mortar and pestle, cracking the glass with the distance the mortar fell.

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN I HAVE TO DANCE?!" She grasped the side of the table, turning her knuckles white. All the time, keeping her eyes on the potion bubbling to the side and the little miniature Hungarian Horntail next to it.

The mini Dragon reminded her of a cat, a proper and mischievous cat that kept pawing at her instead of simply sleeping like Emperor would.

"It is the Yule Ball, Potter. What else did you expect?" Snape sneered a smile, a rare feat as he flicked the little Dragon away from one of the ingredients before it could splash into the watery ink of squids. "Did you expect to sit it out and simply look pretty?"

"You think I look pretty? Aww," Rebekah teased and couldn't help her grin when Snape's glare turned cold. "Well, I didn't expect to be told that have to open the bleeding Yule Ball! I am so grateful that my dress looks amazing. But why can't i just go with my friends? Do I have to have a partner?"

"You do. No other option, Potter. You may, however, split up after the dance is fulfilled so don't worry about your group of friends being without you,"

"I don't dance, sir,"

"Well, you'll have to find a way to get yourself into the dancing mood, with a partner," He said and watched as Rebekah began to pout and sulk.

She already had an idea for who she wanted to go with. She didn't care if they started off on a bad foot, Rebekah could see them as friends but nothing more. Too alike to get along for a relationship.

She just had to convince the bastard to go with her.

)(-)(-)(-)(-)(-)(-)(

Rebekah didn't have the time, or realistically the patience, to deal with the Golden Egg until after the Yule Ball. It sat on the coffee table, untouched and unmoved from the day she got it. she hadn't even opened it but she had an idea that whatever was inside was very loud. There was a rumour that said that whatever was inside would scream so badly they had to shut it straight away.

The Hufflepuff House was not quiet with what happened within its walls.

)(-)(-)(-)(-)(-)(-)(

At around one in the morning, Rebekah donned her running clothes and went down to the kitchens led by Talpey. The HouseElves watched in fascination as Rebekah asked for a huge slab of meat, and began to chop it all up with a butcher knife without a thought.

She cut into one of the extra long pieces, taking a bit off before handing it to the little hungry Dragon on her shoulders. Enyo, as the Dragon was named after the Greek goddess, ate happily away at the bloody meat, uncaring for the blood which splat onto Rebekah's cheek.

Rebekah tapped her cheek where she felt the blood, alerting the Dragon to where she should clean up her mess. Enyo did so, licking up the blood quickly as one foot held onto the now tiny piece of meat before going back to eating it.

"Emperor, can you grab me a scrunchie? I left it by the bed, I think," Rebekah said as she felt bits of her now short hair go into her face yet again.