Chapter Sixty Three

Chapter 64

)(-)(-)(-)(-)(-)(-)(

Rebekah was never that fond of Christmas to begin with. It was also what most of the school celebrated. She didn't have anything against it, she just never felt connected to it compared to Muggle Halloween. Yule Tide was a lot more her style with less festivities and more reflecting over what has happened over the last year and to think about what was to come.

The Magical connection between the holiday always sat better with the darker Houses and families. There were very few who celebrated Christmas in Slytherin, usually those of Muggle origin or with Muggle family members. No one would condemn them for their celebration, as long as they were respectful about Yule, they would be respectful about Christmas.

As the group grew older, they stopped giving each other gifts as often. They sent gifts on birthdays and that was about it.

She smiled as she read the letter Sirius sent her, and the two gifts.

Dear Cub,

It's Black tradition to give the next Heir of the House the symbol of the Family Line. I may not actually care for many of the traditions but this one is kinda special due to the fact that it'll keep you safe. Just put a drop of blood on the top of the box, it should open the lid.

The crest will turn into any type of jewelry, just envision it when holding it for the first time. If you lose it, it'll reappear where it should be.

I'm sorry but I won't be able to come visit next hogsmeade visit, these buffoons at the Ministry are trying to get me to pay taxes while I was in Azkaban. They're very persistent because if I were to pay the taxes as if I was working, they would be rich by the end of it.

Keep safe and don't curse (or stab!) anyone,

Padfoot.

Rebekah grinned as she felt the weight of the long butterfly blade in her hand, quickly flicking it open to reveal the blade. It wasn't just a simple mental like she expected, it was made from black tourmaline encased with enchanted glass, creating the knife blade to be black with a glossy shine from the unbreakable glass.

She pressed the small crest into the dark handle of the blade, branding the Black Family crest into the butterfly blade before linking it to be a charm on her bracelet.

It was such a pretty weapon just like her.

)(-)(-)(-)(-)(-)(-)(

As always, the girls were in Rebekah's room. They were getting ready for the Yule Ball that would start in a few hours. Sitting on the floor before the waters of the Black Lake in nothing but their undergarments and silk robes, the Durmstrang ship long moved to the other side of the lake, they painted each other's nails.

"I don't understand how you can do anything with them, Rebekah," Tracey asked as Rebekah slowly painted Tracey's nails a deep gold that went well with the brassy tone of her dress.

Rebekah drew out a hand, flexing her fingers as the shimmering plum nail polish made her inch long nails look brilliant. She smiled as she went back to finish Tracey's short nails that barely left the tip of her fingers. "Well, I've had these on since September. I'm used to them. I cut them off when I have Quidditch cause they're a hazard, but I use a growing potion to get them to return to their length."