Chapter Sixty Five

)(-)(-)(-)(-)(-)(-)(

With the ball finally over, all they wanted to do was relax.

In the middle of the Chamber, as soon as Rebekah began to say her words in Parseltongue, there appeared a pool of beautifully hot water in the ground. It was tinted a slight pink due to the salts, and rose petals, and small sprigs of lavender on the sides and surface of the water.

Clothes were scattered all around the poolside as they slid into the shallow pool in their swimsuits. The water was hot and steaming, sending off rivets of lilac coloured smoke as the water evaporated.

Talpey popped in and left a few different bowls on floating trays. He snapped his fingers and all of their fallen dresses, gowns, suits, and shirts were quickly stashed in their rooms and replaced by thick black dressing gowns and towels to dry off with later.

"How brilliant is this?" Daphne said, slowly sinking into the hot water.

"Bloody brilliant," Theo nodded back as he put his arms behind his head.

Rebekah sat on the edge of the huge pool-like bath, her legs carefully tucked into the water as she grabbed the bowls of snacks and drinks and placed them on the water, letting them float across the water without spilling, or tipping, or getting soaked.

"Just wait until you start to feel the Basilisk against your feet," Just as Rebekeha finished, they all screamed as they felt the cold scales of the serpent against their toes. They jumped completely out of the water, still screaming as Rebekah began to laugh full heartedly. "I'm kidding!"

"That was cruel!" Tracey complained, quickly using a hand to splash Rebekah. "That's what you g— AHH!"

Rebekah had placed her foot onto the pool wall, launching herself at Tracey and tackling her into the water. Everyone almost cackled a deep satisfying laugh as they watched the two struggle in the water. Rebekah tried to drown Tracey in good humour as the other tried to get the Potter Heiress off of her before trying to drown her also.

They waited for them to finish the water fight but cringed when both Witches suddenly stopped struggling and turned to them, grinning menacingly.

"Oh, Merlin," Daphne mumbled.

Theodore and Blaise jumped out of the way.

Pansy screamed, "NOT THE HAIR!"

But it was useless, all seven members of the group were in the water and fully submerged.

)(-)(-)(-)(-)(-)(-)(

"You might want to get under the water, this won't be pleasant," Rebekah commented as she dunked the egg under the water and hoped her theory was correct and wouldn't fail and destroy her eardrums.

"Come seek us where our voices sound,

We cannot sing above the ground,

And while you re searching, ponder this:

We've taken what you'll sorely miss,