Chapter Eighty

)(-)(-)(-)(-)(-)(-)(

Numb and exhausted from that awful vision, she knew she saw what Nagini saw, and felt what she felt.

She sat in Dumbledore's office, leaning back in her chair with her legs pulled up so she could curl her arms around them and lay her head on her knees. Her face was expressionless as Dumbledore spoke to the portraits on the wall.

Phineas woke up with a grumpy frown. "Did someone call?"

"I need you to visit your other portrait again, Phineas," Dumbledore gave him an unsatisfied look. "I've got another message."

"Visit my other portrait?" He gave a long, extended yawn to emphasise his next point. "Oh no, Dumbledore, I am too tired tonight."

The portraits began an outrage, angry at Phineas' response to Dumbledore's request. Their yelling was strong and forceful. How dare he not help the Headmaster of Hogwarts? Such insubordination! They all were honour bound by their previous roles as Headmasters and mistresses.

Rebekah had her head on her knees, hugging them as the portraits screamed at Phineas. After a minute or so, she had enough. The blood lust she felt from Nagini was still going through her veins and she couldn't keep it to herself for much longer.

"Will you all shut up! " She snapped her head at all of the portraits. "I'm tired, I haven't had a decent night's sleep in twenty eight hours, haven't eaten in twelve, and you're all working on my last nerve! Phineas, get to the house and tell Sirius that Mr Weasley is injured wherever he is. The Weasley family needs to be informed of his injuries before he bleeds out a little too much."

"Thank you, Miss Potter," Dumbledore said, watching her before turning around and pulling his wand out and summoned his Patronus, a beautiful Phoenix that matched Fawks. "I've sent word to the Ministry, there should have been two Aurors with Mr Weasley."

"Dead," Rebekah started but stopped herself as soon as the doors to the office opened again. The remaining Weasley family came into the room, all four dressed in their night clothes along with a determined McGonagall.

"What's going on, Rebekah?" Ginny gasped as she came in with her brothers. "McGonagall said something about you seeing Dad getting hurt?"

Rebekah let Dumbledore answer. She couldn't answer, she was still trying to comprehend what she saw, what she felt, what she wanted to do to Dumbledore as the blood whistled in her head and thumped adrenaline through her system.

"Your father has been injured during the course of his work for the Order of the Phoenix and Ministry," Dumbldore stated without any room for them to interject. "He has been taken to St. Mungo's Hospital for Magical Maladies and Injuries. I am sending you back to Sirius's house, which is much more convenient for the hospital than the Burrow. You will meet your mother there."

"How are we supposed to get there?" Fred asked.

George suggested, "Floo powder?"

Dumbledore nodded. "You are going straight to hospital. He is waiting there for you. Miss Potter, are you joining them?"

"No," She shook her head and turned her head to the Weasleys. "I've already got plans for Christmas and this won't change them. I hope your father gets better, give him my best wishes in getting healthy."