Chapter Three

For the next month, Rebekah read and reread each and every textbook she got. She was determined to be prepared to enter into a world she has never heard of, she gained all the knowledge she could and retained it all in her mind.

Her favourite books, by far, were The Dark Forces: A Guide to Self-Protection by Quentin Trimble, Magical Drafts and Potions by Arsenius Jigger, and Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them by Newt Scamander, in that order. Though she did like the information the other books gave, they weren't as interesting to her.

Rebekah packed her trunk once, twice and thrice because she couldn't decide on what she needed to bring. She reduced her packing and only put in what she would use almost every day, even sneaking several packs of coloured pens.

She kindly asked Uncle Vernon and Aunt Petunia for a lift to Kings' Cross, which they didn't argue about when she clenched her fist, torching a piece of newspaper. Rebekah gathered all three trunks of hers and placed them into the boot of the car, then she sat in the car and waited for the journey to end.

Uncle Vernon placed her trunks onto a small cart, one that Rebekah could pull in front of her as she walked. Emperor sat on the very top, draping his long limbs and sometimes grazing the floor. No one seemed to notice the extremely large feline that hissed when someone got too close. Rebekah just shushed Emperor but he grinned in a way that a feline could.

"Packed with Muggles, of course,"

Rebekah grinned at this woman's, this Witch's words. She watched the plump woman, with raggy clothing that belonged in a thrift shop, talking to her children. Two of them, ginger twins, had a bit of fun with being twins, fooling their mother before running into the pillar that separated the ninth and tenth station. Both twins disappeared into the pillar and, with a small warning to Emperor, Rebekah followed after them.

How foolish was Rebekah, to not realise that Magic was in use with everything that had to do with the Wizarding World?

The station, Nine and Three Quarters was packed with Wizards and Witches and their families and their familiars. They buzzed around like bees with honey to deposit, though this honey of theirs was their children and they were going to deposit their children onto the large express.

Rebekah shoved past. "Excuse me. Excuse me. Watch where you're walking! Excuse me. Please move aside. Excuse me, can I get past? Oh, for heaven's sake."

"Miss Potter," Rebekah felt the weight of a hand on her shoulder. "Would you like some help, my dear?"

"Thank you, Mrs Malfoy. It was becoming a hassle walking past these people," Rebekah said as she turned to the Witch. "It is pleasant to see you again."

"And it is pleasant to see you again, also my dear," Mrs Malfoy said. The Malfoy matriarch led her away from the crowded centre, they split as she walked and made a clean path. "I do adore your garment, though Muggle, it is still beautiful."

The garment in question was Rebekah's fitted lace blouse. The overall colour was black with a metallic tone on the lace at her shoulders and arms. Rebekah had tucked the blouse into a pair of dark-wash jeans and flat ankle boots.

"Thank you. I also find your flowy garment pleasant, what is it called?" Mrs Malfoy had a dark beige, slightly formal dress under a long cloak-like coat that buttoned under the bust. The dress looked to be silk and the coat perhaps smooth velvet.