Chapter Seventy One (5th year)

)(-)(-)(-)(-)(-)(-)(

Uncle Vernon sat in his armchair, cautiously flicking his gaze from his newspaper to Sirius Black by the fireplace. Aunt Petunia paced behind him, worry on her face as she watched Sirius begin to mutter incantations and leave strange looking symbols on the walls.

"Petunia, sit down. He's almost finished," Uncle Vernon said and took in all the walls around him also covered in the symbols. "I hope."

Sirius just ignored them both as Rebekah walked in from the kitchen.

"Dear girl, what are you wearing?" Aunt Petunia said, strutting over to cup Rebekah's jaw. "Do you think it's appropriate for a trial?"

The outfit in question was a strapless dress that barely brushed her knees. The dress was a lovely dark purple with a slight pink hue, and the ribbon that would lace up the back like a corset was a darker purple in colour. She decided on black heeled ankle boots.

"I'm bringing a cloak," Rebekah smiled softly at Aunt Petunia's concerned face before turning to Sirius. "Speaking of trials, we'll be late if we don't leave."

"Almost done..." Sirius said, placing his wand between his teeth as he lifted his hands up and made the runes on the walls glow and fade. "Done. Let's go."

"Have a good summer!" Dudley yelled from the kitchen. "Send some chocolate frogs please!"

"Before school starts, Rebekah," Uncle Vernon asked. "I can't imagine how they would react to jumping chocolate frogs. Have a good summer and write if you need anything. Preferably by Hedwig. And take the flying rodent with you. She stole my plum this morning."

Enyo hung from the metal of the ceiling lights, easily dropping to Rebekah's shoulder before going until she sat on her right bicep, wrapping herself around there to look like an armlet.

"You cheeky little thing," Rebekah cooed.

Sirius took his wand out properly, holding a hand for Rebekah to take. "Ready?"

Rebekah nodded and took his hand tightly. "Ready."

As Sirius began the proper protocol for Apparition, Rebekah thought to herself. Could she learn Apparition early or would she be forced to wait... and that she disliked Magical transportation in general as she felt like she was being pushed through a tight rubber tube.

)(-)(-)(-)(-)(-)(-)(

There was just enough room for both Sirius and Rebekah in the phonebox. As Sirius shoved the numbers into the slightly rusty pad of numbers, Rebekah realised something.

"The code is MAGIC?"

"Six, Two, Four, Four, Two. Huh," Sirius nodded. "I guess it is."

"Welcome to the Ministry of Magic. Please state your name and business..."

"Sirius Black, escorting Rebekah Potter for a trial hearing." Sirius said to the air.

"Thank you," The woman's voice said as they heard a rattle and clink. "Please take the badges and attach it to the front of your robes."

They both took the silver badges, square in shape with their name and Trial Hearing on the front. They pinned them to the front of their tops, Sirius' on his suit's lapel and Rebekah on the left side of her dress.