Chapter Forty Seven

After the last exam for Third-year students, Rebekah just wanted to relax. She had only just got back into her room before one of the older years, Sanderson had got her because there were two Gryffindors lurking outside the Slytherin corridor.

"What do you want?" Rebekah said sharply after the walls closed.

Hermione jutted her shoulders back and said, pointing a finger at Emperor at Rebebah's feet, "I think Emperor took Scabbers. Ron keeps blaming Crookshanks but he wouldn't do that, not him but Emperor would. He watched him go into our common room and walk around."

Rebekah raised an eyebrow at Emperor and he simply lifted a paw to lick it. He meowed and purred a deeper tone that vibrated within his chest. Rebekah sucked her teeth and sighed.

"He didn't do it but he knows where Scabbers is," Rebekah pulled the invisibility cloak out of her black clutch.

Emperor dashed off and they followed him, staying a metre or so behind the running feline. When they came to the Entrance Hall, Rebekah hurried them under the cloak and they continued to follow Emperor. He made his way to Hagrid's hut, stopping every so often to allow them to catch up.

Rebekah pulled the cloak off and knocked at the door, watching it open.

"What're yeh doin' here?" Hagrid said, slightly confused and annoyed. "'Bekah, yeh're not supposed teh leave the castle alone."

"Well, it was needed," Rebekah said as she walked past Hagrid and strode into the hut. "Emperor, find."

"Find what?"

"Someone," Rebakh glared at the duo of Gryffindors, "accuses Emperor of killing Scabbers, Ron's rat. Emperor said that he knows where he is and led us here."

Emperor leapt into the cupboards and sniffed around, finally finding the rat. He pushed the milk jug off of the shelf and Scabbers scurried out, trying to go for the door but Ron grasped him with a gasp.

"It's okay, Scabbers!" Ron gasped, clutching the disgusting rat. "There's nothing here to hurt you!"

"You've your rat, now stop accusing people without reason," Rebekah said and Hermione frowned. "I'm sorry for the intrusion, Hagrid. We'll be heading back to the castle now. Good Evening."

"Be safe,"

Scabbers wouldn't stop trying to scurry out of Ron's grip, he had even bit Ron's finger but that didn't work. Emperor acted strangely, keeping a firm eye on the rat. When Scabbers jumped and found a way to be released, Emperor bounded after him and barely caught him before he completely ran away.

"Go away you mangy cat!" Ron said and lifted Scabbers from Emperor's mouth, Emperor hissed sharply but left the rat alone.

Rebekah watched as a large black dog came running at Ron and Scabbers. She pushed Hermione back, not to protect her but to allow the dog to do whatever he wanted. It leapt and took Ron by his outstretched arm in his jaws.

Hermione began running after the dog as he dragged Ron. they weren't far from the Whomping Willow as the dog finally dragged Ron into the hole when the tree broke one of Ron's legs. The tree began to fling its branches at them, nicking Hermione across the shoulder but Rebekah dodged each violent attack.

She grasped Hermione by the scruff of her top, pulling her back sharply before she could be hit. Rebekah tried to make a plan. What could she do? She needed to touch the knot of the trunk but Emperor had allowed the Wizard and dog in already. Rebekah sighed, there was only one way she could get both of them through.

"Listen to me," Rebekah quickly said. "What I'm about to do, you can't tell anyone, got it?"

"What are you going to do if I tell?" Hermione snapped, completely not trusting Rebekah as the look in the Slytherin Witch's eyes darkened with each word.