Chapter Five

Hogwarts smelt of pumpkins and spices the next morning.

Rebekah woke up to banging on her door, Daphne and Pansy came rushing in. She grumbled and lifted herself onto her elbows, rubbing the sleep away. It was still fairly early to deal with their antics.

"Yes?" The girls stopped and stared, their faces twisted in shock and concern. "Oh, the bruises. From Quidditch practice, went to Madam Pomfrey to get the potion for them."

"Still, they look awful," Daphne said, pointing to a nasty yellowing bruise on her bicep. "That one still looks painful. Have you taken the potions for them, yet?"

"You look awful," Pansy said, Daphne whacked her arm. "What? It's the truth."

"Gee, thanks," She chuckled, sitting up properly before untucking herself and getting out. "I'll be fine, they just kept me up a bit. Already taken them, they're just a bit sore. What's the occasion?"

"It's All Hallow's Eve tonight!"

"A big thing in the Wizarding World, huh?" Rebekah asked as she slipped on and buttoned her white shirt, hiding the purple and yellow bruises. "Yeah? This is my first All Hallow's Eve in the Wizarding World. Muggles simply call it Halloween, give out sweets when it turns dark and that's it. Nothing special."

"The feast for tonight will be huge; if we were home, we'd have a giant ball to celebrate!"

"Really? I did not think it was that big of a celebration," She pulled on her shoes, checking her reflection in the mirror as she brushed her teeth. "Not a big deal in the Muggle World."

"Yeah, but it's a big deal for the Dark and Neutral Houses," Daphne grabbed Rebekah's hand and pulled her out of the room, only after she was ready. "For Pansy and Draco, it's most important. For Blaise and I, less so, since our Houses are Neutral."

"Morning," Rebekah said as they came into the common room, greeting the boys.

The leather sofas, once holding nothing but a small cushion, had large, thick blankets thrown over several cushions of a desirable size. The fire wormed its way higher as the water meddled with the sunlight's path, casting a laurel green hue on the waking common room.

"Heading to Breakfast?" Pucey asked, standing by the entrance. "Snape wants all of your year in the common room half an hour before Breakfast finishes, all right?"

"Yeah, we'll pass the message to the rest," Rebekah stated and turned to leave. "Get out the way, please. I am starving."

"Quidditch does that to a person," He shrugged. "Eat protein, a lot of it. You'll be fine within a week."

"Gee, I sure hope so. You don't want your new member to die during a match."

He chuckled, ruffled her hair resulting in her jabbing him in the gut, and he chuckled as he huffed his lost breaths back in.

Most students were in the Great Hall for Breakfast, dining on the delectable array of food presented for the morning meal. Rebekah's stomach turned at the sight of the food, she settled for a large goblet of water and a couple of strawberries. She would ask one of the House-Elves to retrieve some food later, that is if she was feeling hungry.

Once again, Rebekah and Draco took the high-back wing chairs. Between waking up and breakfast, the common room chilled considerably. The girls, minus Rebekah, huddled onto one sofa and shared the large blanket. Rebekah draped her Slytherin robes around her, her whole body was on the chair as she cuddled one of the throw cushions.