Chapter Sixteen

The Malfoy Manor was handsome with a long, hedge-lined drive before its gates. It was more glass than stone walls with long, diamond-paned windows lining most of the front. The hedges were at least two metres tall and Rebekah could hear the faint sound of music coming from several directions. A pure white peacock flurried its tail and then tucked everything back as it sashayed away.

Mrs Malfoy continued to walk, the doors opened when she was only a metre away. The hallway was large and well lit with the windows letting natural light in. at the very end was a magnificent staircase that also had the same decorated carpet lining its stone as the floor did, following all the way up the stairs and perhaps further.

"Draco, show Rebekah the room between girls. I believe it will suit her needs the best," Mrs Malfoy said and turned to Rebekah. "Every bedroom has an ensuite bathroom attached and plenty of drawers and such things. There should be enough room for you and Emperor."

"Of course, Mum," Draco said and waved for them to follow him up the stairs. "Come on, you're staying in my wing."

"You have your own wing?" Rebekah said as the two girls followed quickly. "A whole wing?"

"Yeah, friends come around a lot and they stay in a certain room," He said, turning left after the second set of stairs and down a corridor. "It's not really a wing. I've got all of the east side of the second floor to myself, my parents and their guests stay on the other side and all of our parlour, drawing, tea rooms and that are on the first floor."

"He's lucky like that, being an only child," Daphne snorted at his fake shock expression. "We only have two stories and I have to share half of the first floor with my sister. She won't ever just keep to her side of the corridor and insists on using my drawing room for her singing lessons, so I took over hers and she wasn't happy."

Rebekah's room was huge. It was almost the size of the Dursley House without the loft and roof. It had long, straight panelled windows with thick green curtains and carpets. The four-post bed was just as big, almost thrice the size of her own at home with three pillows at the ugly brown headboard. On either side, there was a set of low bedside tables, equally coloured in the nasty brown shade.

Draco almost had to shove her in because she didn't want to walk in. The colour scheme pained her eyes and she cringed.

"You can change the colours," Daphne pointed out. "I know I had to when I came a few weeks ago. When I was younger, I thought orange and pink would be a good choice. I almost grimaced when I saw it when I came in."

"Just put your hand on the thing you want to change and think," Draco gestured to the bed. "Have a go. The room will become attuned to your preferences and so when you stay here, it'll stay like that."

Rebekah went up to the foot of the wooden bed, placing her hand on one of the posts and thought. Before her eyes, the nasty brown turned into a warm cinnamon brown and still kept the overall smooth texture on the wood.

"Does it work for everything?" Rebekah asked as her eyes travelled to the windows on her right.

"Yeah," Draco said. "Even the paint on the walls and the marble in the bathrooms."

"Good."

Rebekah turned the green drapes into a rich copper. The wooden floor matched the bed but the walls were changed into warm grey with matching brown trims. She did the same to the door and all wooden surfaces. The once simple grey bed sheets were turned to a fluffy cloudy grey duvet with a heavy, tawny-coloured blanket tucked in at the end.

The bathroom was alright but she still hated that horrid shade of brown. She made the sink turn to black wood with spider marble black and white countertop. The whole bathroom turned to the same spider marble but it was pleasant. The shower was large and stayed a dark granite grey with white metal linings.