Chapter One Hundred and Ten

)(-)(-)(-)(-)(-)(-)(

Rebekah was not happy to find out that she was not, in fact, dead, nor was she happy about walking with Death while she stood naked. It was just not a good day for her. First, she was killed, or she thought she was, and now she was meeting with Death in Limbo which looked fairly like the Black Lake.

She stood, unblinking, as she crossed her arms over her chest. The Snitch tattoo was still bright against her paler-than-normal skin, the white ink still allowing itself to be forever seen. As did the snake tattoo on her right thigh.

As per Potter family luck, Rebekah was not a happy camper.

Death was familiar. They wore a white robe with their hood pulled forward until it covered their eyes, which were already bandaged with a grey veil.

"Where am I? Why am I naked? And are you Death?" She asked as she counted each one off of a finger. She realised she didn't have her ring or bracelet, but she still had her Basilisk fang earrings.

"I believe you humans would call this place Limbo," Death said with a voice that was neither male or female and yet was at the same time. "You come to me as Life gave you to the universe. No clothes, no materials, no earthly devices. I have many names, but you may call me Death."

"Then why do I still have my earrings?"

"They were given by a Basilisk, were they not? Vibora, if I remember correctly, left you them as his final act in the Universe. And as you came to me still wearing them, it means they are part of you. A part of your soul now. If you chose to go back, you would find that you are unable to take them off."

"Cool," Rebekah said, taking it in slowly. "Can I have something to wear? Regardless of how I came, I would rather not stay naked."

"You humans and your modesty," Death sighed, quickly flicking their wrists to make a robe appear. They helped Rebekah put it on before Death gestured for her to walk beside them.

"Why am I alive?" She asked before whispering to herself. "If I'm in Limbo, that means I'm not alive but not dead. Really, I should ask why am I in Limbo?"

"That," Death pointed to a fat tree root, "Is why you are not in my grasp yet."

'That' was actually a thing, and an ugly thing at that. An ugly, small thing that had the form of a young child with skin scratched raw and it fought for breath under the tree root. With greying skin which would look better on a dying cow than the thing itself, it shivered as Rebekah walked forward to get a better look at it.

"You cannot help it," Death said.

"Nor do I want to," Rebekah said back, standing up and walking back. "What is it?"

"That, my dear, is Tom's soul, or at least what remains of it," They said with a sad tone. "He could have done brilliant things if he wasn't so obsessed with the thought of immortality."

"Was I a Horcrux?" She asked as they continued around the lake. The moon looked like a full orb in the dark sky. She sighed. "Is my soul my own now? And were my dreams of Tom Riddle caused because of his soul in me?"

"Yes to all of those. Your soul is now fully yours, even if it is cracked in half. I do commend you on bringing Albus to me, I was waiting for that ring and curse to kill him off but that was taking too long."

Rebekah grinned.

"Being the single Horcrux he never intended to make, your death is necessary for Tom's." Death said, chuckling. "That sounds quite grim. With his resurrection, which I was not very happy about but Life had no choice, he took your blood, the same blood your mother gave her life to protect you. He used your blood thinking he would be able to evade the blessing of a mother's love. By using you, he is also keeping you alive as the same blood now runs through him as well."