Chapter Sixty Six

)(-)(-)(-)(-)(-)(-)(

Rebekah was not looking forward to Care of Creatures in this horrible weather. It was cold, still snowing, and instead of nice snow, it was so sludgy that she had to waterproof her shoes and trousers and keep her robe from touching the ground or have it ruined for the day. She had a fat scarf wrapped around her neck before tucking it into the sides so she could be even more warm.

She even tugged on a beanie, and Rebekah Potter never wore hats.

For once, she was early for class so she and a few of the Gyffrindors were the first to see the Unicorn tied to a post. The poor thing didn't look cold, luckily. The Unicorn had such a beautiful white coat that it made all the snow look grey.

As the rest of the Slytherins slowly trudged up the hill towards the class, Rebekah rubbed her hands together as she felt Enyo softly blow into them with a tiny puff of warming fire. Enyo was huddled into her neck and scarf, using it as bedding for the moment as she used Rebekah's body heat to keep warm.

"Why do we have Grubbly-Plank?" Rebekah asked the group when they joined the class. Draco jerked his head up.

"Don't you know?" He took out a newspaper and gave it to her to read.

DUMBLEDORE'S GIANT MISTAKE

Albus Dumbledore, eccentric Headmaster of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, has never been afraid to make controversial staff appointments, writes Rita Skeeter, Special Correspondent. In September of this year, he hired Alastor "Mad-Eye" Moody, the notoriously jinx-happy ex-Auror, to teach Defense Against the Dark Arts, a decision that caused many raised eyebrows at the Ministry of Magic, given Moody's well-known habit of attacking anybody who makes a sudden movement in his presence. Mad-Eye Moody, however, looks responsible and kindly when set beside the part-human Dumbledore employs to teach Care of Magical Creatures.

Rubeus Hagrid, who admits to being expelled from Hogwarts in his third year, has enjoyed the position of gamekeeper at the school ever since a job secured for him by Dumbledore. Last year, however, Hagrid used his mysterious influence over the headmaster to secure the additional post of Care of Magical Creatures teacher, over the heads of many better-qualified candidates.

An alarmingly large and ferocious-looking man, Hagrid has been using his newfound authority to terrify the students in his care with a succession of horrific creatures…

"Did you know he was a Half-Giant?"

"I just presumed he was," Rebekah blinked, trying to process this. "After all, he was abnormally large and he and Madam Maxime seemed to hit it off on Yule."

"Oh, I remember," Pansy said with a sigh. "Snape caught me with one of the Durmstrang boys. I remember eventually listening into Hagrid's conversation with Maxime. She sounded very disgusted by what he presumed."

"Understandably," Daphne said as Grubbly-Plank spoke louder so everyone could hear. All the other girls had reached the front. "Have you figured out what you're going to do with the next task, Rebekah?"

"Yeah," Rebekah nodded. "I've got a potion lined up. I just need to wait for the new moon before I can even start making it."

"Which potion is it?"

"Beverage of Brilliant Bermuda,"