Chapter Seventy Two

)(-)(-)(-)(-)(-)(-)(

It was almost half past eight in the evening by the time they were finished for the day. They would still have to attend another hearing later that week, but they had a few days to relax before it happened.

Sirius and Rebekah got into Grimmauld Place with a satisfied sigh, only groaning when they heard screaming from one of the portraits. Remus Lupin greeted them at the door, already rolling his eyes before ushering them in and past the portrait and down into the kitchen for a meal. It was late and they still hadn't eaten.

It only took ten minutes of the woman's loud screaming for Rebekah to snap.

"I am this close to burning every single portrait in this house," Rebekah muttered as she excused herself from the table, walking straight up to the portrait in question.

"Filth! Scum! By-products of dirt and vileness! Half-breeds, mutants, freaks, begone from this place! How dare you befoul the house of my fathers -"

"SHUT IT," Rebekah screamed, using a hand to silence the portrait with Magic for a moment before releasing the spell. "I AM SICK AND TIRED OF HEARING THIS FROM INBRED PUREBLOODS THAT DON'T KNOW THAT BLOOD AND MAGIC HAVE NO CORRELATION. I will burn every painting if you don't shut up! I have enough of this from my own House mates!"

Walburga Black narrowed her eyes, shrewdly taking in Rebekah's appearance of the purple dress she had worn to the trial. Her cloak had been thrown over the back of her chair in the kitchen. Walburga turned her nose up but cautiously glared at Rebekah who glared straight back.

"Only good Slytherins would understand," She muttered, impresssed with the fact that a young Witch would stand up to her.

Rebekah rolled her eyes and crossed her arms. "I don't know about good Slytherins, I've been told there aren't any and I kind of agree."

"What would you know of the noble House of Slytherin?"

"Being the Heir, I would think a lot, madam," Rebekah stated. "Now shut it about HalfBloods, PureBloods, MuggleBorns, blood purity and all that. I WILL burn your portrait otherwise, or I will invite every single MuggleBorn I know into this house just to torment you. Alright?"

"Just who are you?"

"Rebekah Potter, your son's GodDaughter,"

"SIRIUS ORION BLACK!"

"Oh, what now, Mother?" Sirius said tiredly as he stood next to Rebekah and the portrait.

"You!" His mother spat, then gestured to Rebekah. "You never told me I had a granddaughter!"

"GodGranddaughter,"

"GodGranddaughter, granddaughter, pish posh. Same thing. You never told me!"

"Because you never listened, Mother!" Sirius cried in frustration. "When she was born, I came here to tell you but you wouldn't listen. You didn't even want to see me. You were wallowing in grief and pity because Regulus and Father were dead. You were alone for years because you favoured blood purity over family. Family is not only blood, the Potters were my family, they treated me well when you treated me like dirt ever since I was sorted in Gryffindor."