Chapter Eight Nine

)(-)(-)(-)(-)(-)(-)(

The OWL exams came too quickly, and revision sessions were packed in everywhere they could be. Rebekah even had to take a few of the Crown back in time so they had more time to revise. There wasn't anything that would prevent her from doing so, it was never stated that she couldn't.

Loopholes were the gods' gifts.

The Fifth years had to eat lunch with the rest of the school on the day when they finished their Charms theoretical exam but before their Charms practical exam. They had to stop in the small chamber beside the Great Hall, waiting until they were called for their practical exam in alphabetical order.

Tracey and Daphne were called in way before the rest of the Crown, and thus they were the first of them to finish and leave back to the dorms.

Halfway through the waiting time, after Draco and Theo had also been called in, Professor Flitwick called, "Parkinson, Pansy. Patil, Padma. Patil, Parvati. Potter, Rebekah."

"Good luck," Pansy and Rebekah said to each other, fistbumping before going seperate ways.

"Professor Tofty is free, Potter," Professor Flitwick gestured vaguely to the oldest examiner who was not far from Marchbanks and Draco.

Draco nodded to them and continued on to the dorms when he finished.

"Potter, is it?" Professor Tofty peered over his glasses at her before consulting his notes. "The famous Potter?"

"I wouldn't say famous for good reasons though," Rebekah half smiled to quake her nervousness.

He smiled encouragingly, "No need to be nervous… Now, if I could ask you to take this eggcup and make it do some cartwheels for me…"

Rebekah took a breath in, closing her eyes and centering herself before opening her eyes, wand out and ready.

)(-)(-)(-)(-)(-)(-)(

There were a lot of exams for Rebekah to take. Revision was difficult but all of the students were trying their best. There was no time to relax, Transfiguration was the next day and they revised and studied like their lives depended on it.

Luckily, they all were doing well on their written exams so far. A couple questions here and there weren't the best but they knew where they went wrong. Complex spell models and theories were not the easiest things to remember.

Herbology was on Wednesday, and Defense on Thursday.

Defense Against the Dark Arts was the easiest for the Fifth year Crown members. The Court meetings had been focusing on revision for the exams in the last month, and went from once a week to twice for any that wished to attend.

Rebekah was aceing her exams so far, and she hoped it stayed that way. Defense was going to be an easy O. It was her best class, Potions being a close second. She had no problem with any of the written questions and took particular pleasure, during the practical examination, in performing all the counter jinxes and defensive spells right in front of Umbridge, who was watching from near the doors into the entrance hall.

Professor Tofty was examining her again, watching as she demonstrated a perfect Boggart Banishing spell against the Death shaped Boggart. "Very good indeed! Well, I think that's all, Potter… Unless…"