Chapter One hundred and Eight

)(-)(-)(-)(-)(-)(-)(

A few weeks later, the howls of a new Werewolf sounded over the grounds of the Black-Lupin Manor.

Rebekah sat with Teddy and Sirius in one of the living rooms, reading a book to the infant as he fell asleep in her arms. She did too, leaning into Sirius as he paused in the reading and took both of them to bed.

Sirius tucked them into Rebekah's bed, knowing that Teddy wouldn't want to be apart from his Godmother. Sirius shifted into his dog form, laying on the bed, protecting them both through the night.

)(-)(-)(-)(-)(-)(-)(

She let Logan rest for a few days before she decided it was time.

Time to end this war.

Their first mission was to get into Hogwarts without detection, and after leaving Teddy in the care of Kreacher who loved the little boy, Regulus made a little comment about the Marauders.

"I know you've found the tunnels," He said to Sirius and Remus. "You can't tell me you haven't found the tunnel from the Hogs' Head."

Sirius tutted, clasping a hand on his brother's shoulder, "Observant as ever, Reggy. Yeah, there's a tunnel that leads from the Hogs' Head but the barman has always stopped us from trying. He caught us once and we had detentions for weeks."

"You had detentions," Remus said with a snicker. "I got away with it. Do you think we could persuade him?"

"We'll have to, even if we are forced," Rebekah said. "We don't have a choice. The Crown has said that's extreme cases of power abuse happening at Hogwarts, even with Snape as headmaster. He can't do anything because it would reveal his position as a spy."

"When are we leaving?" Logan asked.

"Tonight, when dark comes. We'll have the cover of night to aid us," She said. "They're patrolling the grounds and if we're careful, we'll be able to get within walking range of Hogsmeade."

"So that's the plan?" Regulus huffed. "It's not the worst one I've heard so far."

"We leave at sunset,"

)(-)(-)(-)(-)(-)(-)(

"Aberforth Dumbledore," Rebekah greeted as the rest of them filed into the Hogs' Head. "We need access to the tunnel that leads to Hogwarts."

"You bloody fools," He gruffed, shaking his head. "You think that is wise?"

"Now or never," Sirius said. "There's a psychopath trying to take over. We need to end it before more die."

"Fine," He walked to the portrait of Ariana Dumbledore. "You know what to do."

She smiled, turned, and walked into the distance of the long tunnel behind her.

"You must know they've got all the old secret passageways covered at both ends, dementors all around the boundary walls, and regular patrols inside the school from what my sources tell me. The place has never been so heavily guarded," He said. "How you expect to do anything once you get inside it, with Snape in charge and the Carrows as his deputies. . . well, that's your lookout, isn't it?

A tiny white dot reappeared at the end of the painted tunnel and Ariana walked back towards them, growing bigger as she came. Someone followed her.

Neville appeared with an excited grin before he showed all of them the way back to Hogwarts, through the smooth stone steps of the tunnel. Only brass lamps hung from the walls, their shadows rippling with each step.