Chapter Eight

"Why didn't you come to me straight away, Miss Potter?" Madam Pomfrey said as she used a spell to fix the cut, then passed her a rancid potion to down. "Drink this, then off you go to Breakfast."

"I didn't want to bother you at such an early time, Madam. I woke up at around six and sliced my finger at fifteen past." Rebekah said, then popped the top off the potion and drank it. "I am a fast healer, even for a Witch. I only bother with potions or spells when my scar hurts."

"Has it been hurting recently, more than normal?" Madam Pomfrey asked.

Rebekah nodded, her hand reached for the scar on her shoulder. It went from the left base of her throat, across her left shoulder and halfway down her bicep. "It has, only since I've been at Hogwarts. The extended exposure to Magic could be hurting it."

"I'll have Professor Snape make a salve for it, one with healing and numbing qualities," She said, taking a long look at the scar. "It'll have to be magic resistant, the scar looks like it's pulsating when I bring my wand close. Do you know the story of how you got this, Miss Potter?"

"I do, quite vividly," Rebekah gave her the empty vial and stood from the hospital bed. "I best leave you for Breakfast."

Rebekah didn't attend breakfast or lunch, deciding to go back to her room and sleep for a few more hours. Snape had dropped off the salve just after lunch, almost demanding that she attend the dinner that night. At around two, after lunch and when everyone was inside staying warm, or outside playing with snow, Rebekah donned her thick, fur-lined cloak and boots.

The snow levels increased in the last week, at least an extra foot of snow fell. Each path was cleared of snow, even the fountains had ice and snow displays on them. Rebekah walked past two of Weasley's brothers, the twins as they threw enchanted snowballs at the back of Quirrel. Her scar sent shooting pains down her shoulder and arm, she looked away and realised that the pain was gone.

Strange.

Rebekah continued, only after charming two, large snowballs to hurl themselves at the twin Gryffindors. She quickly sent a mischievous smile to them, then hurried away before she got pelted with snowballs too.

The Mirror of Erised, or the Mirror of Desire after Rebekah figured out the true meaning, was a mirror as high as the ceiling. The frame was gold and ornate, standing on two clawed feet. Inscriptions lined the top, Erised stra ehru oyt ube cafru oyt on wohsi. Rebekah translated it, I show not your face but your heart's desire.

It reflected Rebekah's most sought after desire. She was older, perhaps twenty, holding her wand in one hand and an unknown one in the other. Her silver-runed Wizarding robes were mixed with Muggle clothing underneath, her hair cascading loosely, and her eyes piercing green. A long tattoo glowed on both forearms, matching on the inner sides.

Her family was around her. Aunt Petunia and her mother hugged each other as they looked on lovingly, Vernon and her father were proud. Dudley was also older, lost a bit of weight and looked successful in life with his suit.

Her friends were there, all older just as she was, and wore similar outfits. They all had matching bar brooches, just like the one Daphne gave her, on different parts of their outfits. They all looked fierce with their Familiars by their feet or on their shoulders.

Rebekah barely recognised the two men near her parents. Both were Wizards by their outfits, probably friends of her parents. Rebekah's memories recorded them as, Moony and Padfoot. She smiled as she looked on more.