Chapter Fifty Six

Students congregated in the Entrance Hall, surrounding a single sign.

"Well?" Rebekah asked Theodore, he was the tallest and could see the best over everyone else's heads.

TRIWIZARD TOURNAMENT

The delegations from Beauxbatons and Durmstrang will be arriving at 6 o'clock on Friday the 30th of October. Lessons will end half an hour early. Students will return their bags and books to their dormitories and assemble in front of the castle to greet our guests before the Welcoming Feast.

"We've got double Potions last that day," Rebekah mumbled after Theodore read it out.

"Snape's not gonna be happy," Daphne said.

Pansy snorted and jabbed Daphne in the ribs playfully. "He's never happy!"

"Who'd you think is gonna put their name in?" Tracey asked as they sat in the Slytherin common room. Over the summer, the common room was extended to look like what it did during YuleTide. The group summoned some beanbags and sat before one of the fireplaces as they watched the tiny fish in the lake swim by.

Daphne placed her cup of pumpkin juice on the low rising coffee table before them, an array of tiny snacks sat there too. "I heard that Warrington will. Have you two heard anything?"

"Yeah, Warrington said he was going to try," Draco shrugged. "No one else from the Quidditch team will though, they want to live."

"Zimmer is trying, I think," Rebekah hummed, fiddling with the side of her iced tea. "I heard from her that some of the boys will try, Zacker, Cellio, Sparrow. Not many of the girls though, Zimmer said that they want to focus on their NEWTs instead of the tournament."

"Merlin, I can't believe only the Of Age students are allowed to do it," Blaise complained with a slightly glazed look in his eyes. "Can you imagine eternal glory?"

Rebekah smiled and lifted a hand lazily. "Girl-Who-Lived. Eternal glory isn't all it's cracked up to be. Remember Lockhart?"

"Oh, yeah," Blaise snorted and made the group frown in confusion.

"What about Lockhart?" Pansy asked.

"Blaise, you explain," Rebekah nodded to him.

And he explained his point of view, with Rebekah adding in little details that gave the tale life. They had a good laugh as Blaise told them about how Lockhart erased his own memories using Rebekah's wand.

"Why did your wand backfire?"

Rebekah's grin was slightly sad but she couldn't tell why it was. She flicked her wrist and her wand manifested in her left hand, bringing up to the light to watch the dark wood almost glow.

"Loyalty."

Rebekah watched a large ship slowly appear from the distance, it crept its way closer to her dorm window and a large anchor was thrown, almost hitting her window. Some people in the lower ship area waved through their little windows at her. Of course, she would be quite angry, but she was more concerned about Paladin and his little adventures into the lake.

"Fidele, tell Paladin to stay within the Chamber for the time being. Get him to look after Vibora. We don't know how long these people will stay," She stormed up the stairs and past all of the students.

"Professor Snape!" She called. The Wizard turned away from the group of approaching foreign students and waved her closer, clasping a comforting hand on her shoulder.